wecome aboard mister Pinckert

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, didn't Don Pinckert do for outriggers, like what Colonel Sanders did for fried chicken? like what Lance Armstrong did for bicycle racing? like Johnny Carson did for late night TV?

Last edited by a moderator:
ClayGlover said:
hey, didn't Don Pinckert do for outriggers, like what Colonel Sanders did for fried chicken?  like what Lance Armstrong did for bicycle racing?  like Johnny Carson did for late night TV?
114486[/snapback]

He's even older than I am! Was racing riggers when baseball was dreamed up?

Remember when my Coyote rigger ran in the early 80"s with an OPS 65.....turned lot of heads in my district.

Gill

Took a few Norwegian championships in the mid 90s with Coyote Daytona from Don (with Picco engines modified by Andy Brown). Was the fastest boats in Norway at that time... was also 2nd in SAW with the 21 boat at the Internats in 1994 (Andy was 1st)...

Stein

Odd_Stordammen_1995_medium.jpg

You youngsters probably don't remember the "Mixer". One of the original riggers from Don. The turn fin was mounted in the tub near the engine. Mine still hangs in the shop with the turn fin moved out to the right sponson and pushed back to the CG. We did lots of experimenting back then to get the boats to turn.

John

garrett randall said:
On the right, a 40 and 60 Gator...Don's boat that turned into the Coyote...not the greatest picture of them...but way ahead of their time...
Compare them to the hughey hydro on the left...

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...?album=6&pos=18

114516[/snapback]

And a wardcraft vee and also a Norco Eaglet.....man, those were the days.....I had one of all of them.....around 1977-1978

Hello Stein Just curious to hear how fast were those boats because mine was clocked in the mid 60's.

Gill

Gil,

I did 67 miles at the 1994 internats in hot weather with the 21 boat (Andy won with 74 miles). In Norway with colder weather it was clocked at 75 miles. This was with a Picco P5 longstroke modified by Andy.

My friend Odd (the red boat in the picture) did about 80 miles at the 1994 internats SAW with his 45 boat, he was second behind Garry Preusse. The engine was a Picco 45 EXR.

Mike,

Which size is the new Coyote you have? Wood or fibreglass?

Stein

there were respectable speeds at that time when Picco was failproof .... congrats and thanks for your reply.

Gill

Hi Don,

We sure wish you would reply on here,you are full of GREAT KNOWLEDGE,

and it would be nice if you could share some information with us all. I started

with a OPS 65 in a Pinckert Gator what a fast boat. I believe I got a Coyote

21 next, and I have never had so much fun. Been running 21.45.&67 riggers ever

since. Maybe next year on the way down to Fort Lauderdale,FLA I will have to stop

by and look you up. I am hoping to come race with Eric Canto and some of the other

fast southern boys at the NAMBA Nats next year. It would sure be cool to finally

met you in person, and maybe recheck my set up before the race. :D

Thanks For All That You Have Done For The Sport,

Mark Sholund

Hi Don,

We sure wish you would reply on here,you are full of GREAT KNOWLEDGE,

and it would be nice if you could share some information with us all. I started

with a OPS 65 in a Pinckert Gator what a fast boat. I believe I got a Coyote

21 next, and I have never had so much fun. Been running 21.45.&67 riggers ever

since. Maybe next year on the way down to Fort Lauderdale,FLA I will have to stop

by and look you up. I am hoping to come race with Eric Canto and some of the other

fast southern boys at the NAMBA Nats next year. It would sure be cool to finally

met you in person, and maybe recheck my set up before the race. :D

Thanks For All That You Have Done For The Sport,

Mark Sholund Thanks, Mark. Eric and I have done quite a lot of running. All the lakes up his way dried up so didn't have any place to run. Need to get back. Have some water now. Keep in touch.

Don

Hi Scott, I didn't even know this was on until Eric Canto told me. Thanks, Don

Hi, Scott. Thanks, Don

hey, didn't Don Pinckert do for outriggers, like what Colonel Sanders did for fried chicken? like what Lance Armstrong did for bicycle racing? like Johnny Carson did for late night TV?

Holy smoke Clay. This leaves me completely humbled. Thanks. Don

Hi Scott. Don

Hi Scott, Don

ClayGlover said:
hey, didn't Don Pinckert do for outriggers, like what Colonel Sanders did for fried chicken?  like what Lance Armstrong did for bicycle racing?  like Johnny Carson did for late night TV?
114486[/snapback]

He's even older than I am! Was racing riggers when baseball was dreamed up?

Watch it Finn. Just because I used wagon tongues for bats. Don

Took a few Norwegian championships in the mid 90s with Coyote Daytona from Don (with Picco engines modified by Andy Brown). Was the fastest boats in Norway at that time... was also 2nd in SAW with the 21 boat at the Internats in 1994 (Andy was 1st)...

Stein
Hey Stein, I hope you are staying out of Saudi Arabia. Sand is getting a little shifty down there. Jennifer, says "HI". I still have the cap you gave me from the Lillehammer Olympics. 

Don

You youngsters probably don't remember the "Mixer". One of the original riggers from Don. The turn fin was mounted in the tub near the engine. Mine still hangs in the shop with the turn fin moved out to the right sponson and pushed back to the CG. We did lots of experimenting back then to get the boats to turn.

John
John, Yeah, that goes back awhile. That "Mixer" was the original kit in 1969. Actually, my first outrigger was a "Li'l Hoss" shovelnose I ran through the bandsaw, capped the sides, then added sponsons. Don

"Hey Stein, I hope you are staying out of Saudi Arabia. Sand is getting a little shifty down there. Jennifer, says "HI". I still have the cap you gave me from the Lillehammer Olympics.

Don"

Hi Don,

Nice to hear from you. I have been in Germany the last 8 years. Racing in Norway as there is no proper racing here (only the slow boats with below surface props doing 30 min heats). BTW, we are arranging the World Championship next year in Norway. See www.rcboat2006.com. I expect that Andy will be there...

Still have the Daytonas from 1994 in my basement. One day when the kids are a bit bigger, I will shine them up with new motors + a few mods Odd and I came up with back then and give them a run. I used the Daytonas last time at the WC in Slovenia in 1996. Currently running SGx boats as you are not making any boats any more (which is too bad!)

Hope you and Jennifer is doing well! PM me your phone no if you have time.

Cheers,

Stein

Actually, my first outrigger was a "Li'l Hoss" shovelnose I ran through the bandsaw, capped the sides, then added sponsons.Don

Gee i would like to hug that bandsaw.... wasnt it the birth of the modern shape ???

Jason

Latest posts

Back