Waterproof servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info guys!!! Y’all are awesome!!

No one has mentioned any kind of end of day maintenance…do you find it’s ok just to put your boat on the shelf and it will be good to go next time? Do you remove the servo and dry it or give it a squirt of corrosion x or something?

Thanks again for all the help!
GQ
I do not believe much maintenance needed on servo unless running in salt water.
Open the radio box and store in a dry place and let it all air out.
Spraying anything on the servo would not do much if it is truly a waterproof servo.

The receiver/batt/servo connections or entire inside of receiver are not a bad idea to spray with Corrosion X. The switch too if it is factory type radio switch.

I run Savox in my FE tunnels. With the G30 I can run the boats back in upside down. The servos are fully submerged. Never had an issue and never do any maintenance.
Thanks Zach! I’ve used Savox servos for a long time and have always been happy with them, but I just didn’t know how they did getting wet. I think since I already have some I’ll give them a try!

GQ

The blue savox are waterproof, had one in a scale remote mounted for 5 years no problem. You dont have to worry about the connectors just spray them with some corrision x and use a snapon plug lock. Use a 6 inch servo extension to exit the radio box, cut a slot big enough for the plug to pass thru and use 5 min epox to seal the wire hole. I used the blue savox 231 it has plenty power for rudders.

The blue savox are waterproof, had one in a scale remote mounted for 5 years no problem. You dont have to worry about the connectors just spray them with some corrision x and use a snapon plug lock. Use a 6 inch servo extension to exit the radio box, cut a slot big enough for the plug to pass thru and use 5 min epox to seal the wire hole. I used the blue savox 231 it has plenty power for rudders.
Thanks for that info Phil! I have some of the Savox blue sw-025MG that I’m going to try.

GQ

Had a Savox SW-0231 MG Blue Waterproof servo go bad in a boat I bought used. Don't know much about the history of this particular servo in the boat. When I replaced it, I coated the screws in the servo bottom, out put shaft, etc; Anywhere water may possibly get in with dielectric grease. May not last very long in a nitro boat. But, can't hurt. Will reapply again sometime...

Ken

I’ve been using savox servos for about 8 years. Been using the waterproof savox servos for about 5 of them. They work great. I’ve only had 1 servo go bad out of about 20. No maintenance to any of them either.

I do not believe much maintenance needed on servo unless running in salt water.
Open the radio box and store in a dry place and let it all air out.
Spraying anything on the servo would not do much if it is truly a waterproof servo.

The receiver/batt/servo connections or entire inside of receiver are not a bad idea to spray with Corrosion X. The switch too if it is factory type radio switch.

I've heard of people spraying the inside of their recievers with Corrosion X before, but wondered if it ever caused any problems with open pots etc on the IC boards.
I guess most of that stuff today is all done electronically and the IC boards are potted or coated in resin.. so a shot of corrosion X
Wouldn't do much other than stop any leaching or tracking on the printed side of the board.. couldn't hurt..
I still try to keep everything inside the radio box, wrap the reciever in a balloon and foam..
Daniel,, how much do those extension cords go for ?? I'm kinda cheap and old school so my way of doing it works for me.. but I do like the idea of one you sell for saving time!!

I have a couple of boats I run the servo's & connectors outside the radio box.
I disassemble the servos and treat with a product called Trio
I also fill the connectors with dielectric grease and when plugged together the grease ooozes out of the connectors.
they are well sealed & protected
Where do you get Trio and is it anything like CorrosionX?

Fons

One hint: do not buy Corrosion X HD. Just get the regular Corrosion X. The HD stuff is more like a jelly instead of a liquid. It makes an awful mess and is difficult to remove.

I find this for trio spray they in LA. Works great on electronics, dont use this for motor spray it coats glow plug and motor wont stay running HA
https://wechem.com/product/trio-aerosol-1/
That is the stuff, last I checked it is only sold in case of 12.
I'd hate to invest in a case and no one would want any. Being stuck with 12 cans would be MORE than a lifetime supply.

That is the stuff, last I checked it is only sold in case of 12.
I'd hate to invest in a case and no one would want any. Being stuck with 12 cans would be MORE than a lifetime supply.
I was searching for a Trio source as well. Maybe we will find another 1 or 2 guys who want to split an order.

Alex

Savox 0231 and mini 025 great on a budget. Savox 1210 and mini 1250 are best. The 1210 is standard size and 475 oz torque even does a great job in the open running in our 8255 1/6 scales. I’ve sold 100s of the 1210s without a complaint.

As far as Corrosion X , we have moved to the Aircraft Blue Corrosion X assan after run in our nitros.

Back