• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats Wanted Wanted: Latest Version -CMDI SGX 45 kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the dumb question (been out of the hobby since 2001) - but is Andy\John no longer in business or building boats?

The original SG had 2 underneath rear sponsons. Then Andy removed them on the same boat and ran just the one center sponson. On that boat the tail would come out sometimes in heat racing coming out of the turns and then Andy added the two outside sponsons back and ran all three on the same era boat. That’s when he took the same wings and turned them upside down and the left went to the right and the right wing went to the left. SGX was always triple rear but the sponsons and hull are lower profile the boom spread is spread from front to back and the hull is 3/16” downhill towards the front on some of the early ones.
Ok, thanks... I picked up one with single center ski and transom does seem a bit taller.

IMG_0109.jpg

Nothing special. Just picture a 45 SG with a 84 crammed into it. Pipe sticks out a bit further.
Actually, you are incorrect... The shape of the nose is very different and it has (2) .25 carbon boom tubes front and rear (4 total.). The sponsions sets are completely different form each other and look nothing like the usual CMDi design.

If I get a chance I will try and post some pictures.

I sold John Bass a really really nice 45 sgx2 awhile back. Said he was going to slide it under his bed. Orange I believe

Actually, you are incorrect... The shape of the nose is very different and it has (2) .25 carbon boom tubes front and rear (4 total.). The sponsions sets are completely different form each other and look nothing like the usual CMDi design.

If I get a chance I will try and post some pictures.
I was being a little facetious......LOL

SGX 45 Version 2014 Built in Limit of number by Andy Brown wrote on date Oct 2014 Comes with in CMB45 RS EVO with KRE carb Modded by Joe Warren , CMB AB 45 pipe w/ Prather muffled ,Full CMDI hardware, 3rd needle valve by Don F , Oiler by Steve W,
Metal tank, by Walt B , Full three servos, Plus extra spare sponsons and solid carbon boom, belt ,.187 cable drive , 4 Octura Props S&B by CMDI and 15 Glow plugs by Al Hobbs. Good Condition rate 7 of out 10 . The engine run only 7 time through fuel tank Great strong compression. Just need your radio then ready to go racing .
Ask to sell $2,200 plus shipping ( depend on where ) by Fed EX with Tracking.I don’t do PayPal and accept take International Money Order or Certificate Check thanks
Here you go.

Man, I bought this boat in 2020 on a whim...had no idea if I'd ever run it...so glad to have it.. it's entered in the 2022 nats...I've always been an Andy Brown supporter.

Attachments

• 20220824_182529.jpg
    20220824_182529.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back