Vans Racing Taboo goes FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

It's been a LONG, slow build, but I finally have strung enough "honey, I'm going to be in the garage for a few minutes" sessions together, and now have my Vans Racing Taboo all setup for FE. Basically just duplicated everything I did to my Lynx, only better.

Going to get the initial testing done using a P-LTD setup, but once it's dialed where I want it, I'll swap to my 2-Lap P-OPC setup and, well... maybe we'll have another go at it.
Taboo_001.jpg Taboo_003.jpg Taboo_004.jpg Taboo_006.jpg Taboo_008.jpg Taboo_009.jpg Taboo_010.jpg Taboo_012.jpg Taboo_013.jpg Taboo_014.jpg

Looking good Darin. Cant wait to see the videos of it on the water.

Very nice mate. Hope it goes as well as I have been hearing about these boats! I know in your hands it will do well ;-)

Hi Darin,
all well done , motor looks a bit tiny at the back , but i know this boat can fly.
The only thing that makes me a headache ist the steering with wire like the big. I have tryed such like you have done here in some scale tunnelboats , but it was never as good as a stearing servo, a bigger not to fast one with high torque, ridge mounted at the backplate with a straight not bend 2mm pianowire to the outbord. With the thin wire stearing you need thin diamond controlline wire as it has to go around the idler pulley at the outbord . Yes this is a gear but the wire will lenght as to thin. Maybe i am to scared , give it a try and carefully go in the first corner. If the boat spun in , you know.

Happy Amps Christian

Yes this is a gear but the wire will lenght as to thin. Maybe i am to scared , give it a try and carefully go in the first corner. If the boat spun in , you know.

Happy Amps Christian

Been running that system on my Lynx from day one without any issues. Works perfectly. However, you may not have noticed the engineering I did on the system to allow it to break-away in the event of a crash, and be easily repaired again?? I use a 30lbs Stainless Steel Ball-Bearing Swivel, available from the local fishing supply. In a crash, the swivel wire will give-way, opening up, and save the stainless-steel steering cable, which is rated at 60lbs, by the way. I just keep a box of the swivels on hand, and replace the wire section as needed.

Taboo_017x.JPG Taboo_018.jpg Taboo_019.jpg

Darin, check your mailbox in a few days. Sending you an updated version...should be good for at least 3 more mph.

Attachments

• 711696B4-BD92-4C3D-B2E3-1BBEFD714DA1.jpeg
    711696B4-BD92-4C3D-B2E3-1BBEFD714DA1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
Back