Unknown Powerhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick Adams

Looking to identify exactly what I have. I don’t see any identifying marks. I got this local on a Leecraft xt460. Not sure if the extra piston and sleeve go with it or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. It’s been sitting a long time (came am radio). It turns over but can feel rough bearings. What’s it worth?

Take that sucker apart, clean it all up and slap a set of bearings in it....I'm pretty sure that they make good runners!
Having the extra parts is a huge bonus..

As far as value, it's kinda dependent on what condition you are selling it in. Would be worth much more in a clean, running and tested state..

Yeah the Nelson .45 is an awesome motor. In stock form it’ll run with any of the Nova .46s out there with a good piston fit and Irwin stamped pipe. That one there looks to be one of the older short stroke engines and yes that looks like the correct piston/sleeve for it. Looks like the spare crank shown might not be any good though as it looks like the nub on the crank pin that drives the PTO is sheared off. Could just be the angle/lighting?

Does it have a nub? Or does it just drive off the end of the crank pin ?

Looks like there is a wear mark on the crank pin that may have engaged the PTO..

Crank pin looks like it may have some gouges in it too where the rod big end is..

The crank might be for a different motor. The threads are are a different size than what is already in the motor.

Attachments

• A4EDE08C-7BCF-4DF3-A12C-1AB933C46419.jpeg
    A4EDE08C-7BCF-4DF3-A12C-1AB933C46419.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back