Unknown boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Lauer

Supporting Member
I have had this boat for years, and know nothing about it. I am going to set it up and run it. Any information would be great. I cant find any sign of any set up in the boat, so any information on radio and tank location would also help. Thanks for any help.nicon 2021 128.JPGnicon 2021 134.JPG

I have had this boat for years, and know nothing about it. I am going to set it up and run it. Any information would be great. I cant find any sign of any set up in the boat, so any information on radio and tank location would also help. Thanks for any help.

Some history....
This is a Sundowner or El Diablo from the 80's........These were real popular in So. Cal ....They ran 3.5 K&B's outboard with crankcase pressure and a K&B speed needle and a Joe Monahan [707 enterprises] exhaust throttle....;)
These 3.5 K&B motors would RPM through the roof.....Prather made a 3.5 outboard epoxy boat called the Spitfire that also ran in the 3.5 outboard hydro class......Prather also made a bolt on skeg kit that attached to the 3.5 K&B outboard cavitation plate......
There were about 6 people that ran in this class that all were within a mile an hour of each other....so when you got them all running
in a heat they put on a real show.....
Now , with all this useless information and $5.00 you can still buy a cup of coffee at any Dennys...lol....😂😂
I still have some more pertinent info about the boats and motors used in this class and how it was run in the 80-90's.....call me if you want to know it.....1-715-926-6096.....Just to much keyboarding to put on here.....

I think so. it has been a while since I built it. I just set it and forget it as old ron popell would says. LOL Still hauls ass with the OG motor set up.
Mike

Back