Twin Throttle Linkages

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
I'm getting ready to re- do my throttles and would be interested to see some variations if anyone has some pics to post . I have another twin at the house here to check out but some other setups would be neat to see . Thanks .

Haven't owned atwin but I have seen acouple and have my own ideas. I have seen where there are two linkages soldered to one rod which seems to be common and reduces setup time. Run two rods on one servo through 2 bellows to minimize radio noise so the don't rub together, but here is my idea. It's just like the old weber side draft setups. Use one rod to go between the two carbureators as a draw bar with a single 4-40 rod to the servo. Tom you play with real boats so you shoud know what I am talking about. The crossbar between the two carbs could be i nice piece of aluminum or something like that. Man I wish I had a twin so I could try it and show you. :(

I'm getting ready to re- do my throttles and would be interested to see some variations if anyone has some pics to post . I have another twin at the house here to check out but some other setups would be neat to see . Thanks .
Tom The only way to set them up is Buy the 5/32 solid steel rod, Cut to Approx 6 1/2. Purchase the Nose gear (airplane) brg blocks 5/32 in a dubro kit. This control rod will lay across the entire width of the radio box. You will have to glue some pieces of wood in the box to all to clear the stuffing tubes in the bottom. 1 std size servo controls the rod with 3 control arms. 2 arms for the carbs, 1 arm for the servo. 4/40 sullivan 500 control rods. Golden clevis clips on the radio box end, 4/40 Quick links on the carb end. I can send you pics if needed? forward an e`mail adddress. This is the Current way RR sets Twin Boats up today. Parts are easy to purchase @ local hobby shop & easy to adjust. Rock Solid Controls that dont change unless you remove an engine or change the length of the control rod. Joe W

Tom The only way to set them up is Buy the 5/32 solid steel rod, Cut to Approx 6 1/2. Purchase the Nose gear (airplane) brg blocks 5/32 in a dubro kit. This control rod will lay across the entire width of the radio box. You will have to glue some pieces of wood in the box to all to clear the stuffing tubes in the bottom. 1 std size servo controls the rod with 3 control arms. 2 arms for the carbs, 1 arm for the servo. 4/40 sullivan 500 control rods. Golden clevis clips on the radio box end, 4/40 Quick links on the carb end. I can send you pics if needed? forward an e`mail adddress. This is the Current way RR sets Twin Boats up today. Parts are easy to purchase @ local hobby shop & easy to adjust. Rock Solid Controls that dont change unless you remove an engine or change the length of the control rod. Joe W
What Joe said. :D

Seriously, I do it the same way except I just buy the Dubro #153 nose gear kit & cut the 5/32 nose wire. The bearing blocks (#156) are already in there as is one #166 arm so you only need to buy two more of the arms and you're set. Three 4-40 pushrods, three #305 solder on ends at the control end & one pack (2 pieces) #2139 4-40 ball links at the carbs. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
To each his own,,,,I use dual servos with a 4-40 rod and links and a y connector to the receiver.

On the mixture I use a single servo and link the mixture valves together and drive them both with a single 4-40 rod.

Hi Tom

I am kind of new to boating but I am building a twin .21 rigger with this set up.

I had make my own carbs to be able to get a left and right configuration, I'm not quite done with the carbs yet, got slowed down with the flu.

IvyMcNeil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ivym...or/IM001567.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ivym...or/IM001568.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ivym...or/IM001569.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ivym...or/IM001570.jpg

Ivy, How do you time the induction without going through the crank. Drum rotor, and do you just plug the hole. Very confused. Ray :huh: :unsure: :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivy, How do you time the induction without going through the crank. Drum rotor, and do you just plug the hole. Very confused. Ray :huh: :unsure: :unsure:
normal state of mind, imo.............. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: . ivy, sweet looking setup. very nice work.

Tom,

We have all the goodies as a kit, in stock, to do the job as Joe and Don described.

Andy

Andy's twin throttle linkage is the best way to go , i used it once and never went away from it.

Latest posts

Back