Twin outboard deep V set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim- My brother and I were racing full size OPC Tunnels back in the 70's and we saw these twin vees almost every weekend and knew the drivers and owners . There were 3-4 of these rigs that showed up at the races we were attending and all of them were a little different as far as engine angles and spacing so apparently they were searching for the best set-up but I don't know what that was. They all ran great. Common sense would say to keep the props far enough apart to prevent the wash from interfering with each other. I would make the motor mounts adjustable (up-down) and just experiment to find what works the best. I have never worked with a twin vee so I have no real answers but maybe someone else on here can help. Remember-testing is part of the fun-especially when you find the right set-up.

Jim- My brother and I were racing full size OPC Tunnels back in the 70's and we saw these twin vees almost every weekend and knew the drivers and owners . There were 3-4 of these rigs that showed up at the races we were attending and all of them were a little different as far as engine angles and spacing so apparently they were searching for the best set-up but I don't know what that was. They all ran great. Common sense would say to keep the props far enough apart to prevent the wash from interfering with each other. I would make the motor mounts adjustable (up-down) and just experiment to find what works the best. I have never worked with a twin vee so I have no real answers but maybe someone else on here can help. Remember-testing is part of the fun-especially when you find the right set-up.
That’s awesome , i’ve never ran anything with twin outboards on it so it will be a lot of trial and error .I have a buddy running the same boat and he has his spaced quite a bit apart from each other so I think I will start with mine as close together as possible and work from there.
It will definitely be fun to see what they are capable of doing ! I have them mounted on a pair of jack plates that I recently picked up from Captain Vic which are fully adjustable up-and-down and trim ! Very high-quality piece of work and they look awesome also anodized red !

Jim-this boat has the engines close together and on less angle but as you can see the prop shafts are close to the edge of the bottom pad which is the correct placement. You can also see the tie-bar connecting the engines which is very important. Just an idea to play with.

Attachments

• mvc-005s[1].jpg
    mvc-005s[1].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 211
Jim-this boat has the engines close together and on less angle but as you can see the prop shafts are close to the edge of the bottom pad which is the correct placement. You can also see the tie-bar connecting the engines which is very important. Just an idea to play with.
I like the concept but I think I’m going to keep it simple for now straight up and down and close together and with the tiebar like shown in the picture which I think will give me a good starting point !!

Latest posts

Back