Twin mongoose circa 1992

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,Tidewater was dearly missed when it closed.Ill never forget Sandy callin' me darlin' or Bobby talking hot rods.One time Art took the race motor out of his boat and sent it to me! Yeah my scale boat won that weekend.Bobby,Sandy and Art's boat shop will never be forgotten...
Yep, I feel Tidewater was the best company for Nitro boats ever and the only company that got Andy Brown to work a 8:00-5:00 job... lol

did you know.. John Bridge was the original owner of Garys van.. There is a connection there but I dont remember the entire story.

Ask Dave next time you see him.

Grim
Grim, John Bridge was the head of purchasing for the XM-1 tank for Chrysler Defense so he got lease cars from Chrysler and could in turn buy them after the lease. Gary was always in Detroit for the Mini Gold Cup and Gold Cup. We were all good friends. Gary would bring Coors beer to Detroit, it wasn’t sold in Michigan at that time and he’d take home Strohs because it wasn’t sold in Illinois. I wasn’t kidding about it being full of Strohs when he took the van home.
An aside from that, John and I picked up Jerry Dunlap at the airport on his first trip to Michigan in that same van, yup handed him a Strohs before we got out of the parking lot.
Thanks John

I made the trip to Huntsville in that van to my first Internats... Gary at the wheel... LOL.. Ron Jr was like who is this long hair hippy...LOL..

During the trip.. There was a holding tank fail at the Jack Daniels distillery.. the whisky was running down the highway.. (smelled to high Heaven!)

Grim

Grim, John Bridge was the head of purchasing for the XM-1 tank for Chrysler Defense so he got lease cars from Chrysler and could in turn buy them after the lease. Gary was always in Detroit for the Mini Gold Cup and Gold Cup. We were all good friends. Gary would bring Coors beer to Detroit, it wasn’t sold in Michigan at that time and he’d take home Strohs because it wasn’t sold in Illinois. I wasn’t kidding about it being full of Strohs when he took the van home.
An aside from that, John and I picked up Jerry Dunlap at the airport on his first trip to Michigan in that same van, yup handed him a Strohs before we got out of the parking lot.
Thanks John
Thanks for sharing this story. That was like 44 or 45 years ago. Great memories. Eating square box pizza, drinking a few beers, going out to Belle Island to see the Miss Pepsi, talking model boats in John’s basement.
Dunny

Latest posts

Back