Twin 90 mono ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Has anyone built themselves a twin 90 mono, I thinking of building one just for the challenge, would 45" be long enough

I have been considering it also twin 101s in a 47" - 50" just for a buzz,,but the expense will out weigh the performance as opposed to a good single..John Finch has spoken of twin setups on here before ..

thanks guys, I think it would be a great project to undertake, from every aspect of the hobby, I will start building soon

Jerry Crowther of Seaducer boats. He's got a crazy twin mono.
Yes on YouTube I think 2015 twin hydro jerry smoked the riggers with his twin seaducer looked like vac91s..
I filmed one of the heats, I will see if I can dig it up, was fun to watch
default_wink.png

Not sure I would call Jerrys twin mono something that smokes the twin hydros. More like its very consistant in lane 1, yet much slower than the hydros. It goes out and comes back.

Not sure I would call Jerrys twin mono something that smokes the twin hydros. More like its very consistant in lane 1, yet much slower than the hydros. It goes out and comes back.
I wouldn't really say "much slower" slower yes, but consistantly finished ahead of the riggers,,,, so much so, last year at the Nitro Winter Championships they changed the class name from twin hydro to twin rigger to keep Jerry from being able to run his creation.

Jerry has built me a twin 101 mono using his 47" gas mono. I have the radio box to build and engines/pipes to install. Ill start a build thread soon.

Here is a picture of one of Jerry's Twin, it may be Neil's but I'm not sure how many of these boats are out there.

mono twin.jpg

They are sub surface.

That is Neil's boat.

I believe there have been 3 twin ducers made. Only Neil's has RS style engines.

Twin nova 67 or 91 motors would be a great idea. They use less fuel and are lighter and still make power.

But good luck getting another twin from Jerry. Lol.

Jerry didn't blow the twin riggers aways. But he embarrassed them. Driving 70 ish at the clock and on the pins will beat a 80 mph rigger running lanes 5 to infinity. And not many twins at all run 80 in a heat race.

Latest posts

Back