Turtle wax rubbing compound

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

Has anyone tried using rubbing compound instead of wet sanding between coats?
I have a can of Turtle rubbing compound. The instructions on the can said " does not contain silicone. Perfect for rub down between coats"
I am refinishing a 40 size vee hull but I do not want to sand off the paint and start over. I am thinking of touching up the repair area and then clear coat over it. Using a rubbing compound has a lot of advantages over wet sanding. I appreciate your experience if you have tried it.

Thanks, k

Has anyone tried using rubbing compound instead of wet sanding between coats?
I have a can of Turtle rubbing compound. The instructions on the can said " does not contain silicone. Perfect for rub down between coats"
I am refinishing a 40 size vee hull but I do not want to sand off the paint and start over. I am thinking of touching up the repair area and then clear coat over it. Using a rubbing compound has a lot of advantages over wet sanding. I appreciate your experience if you have tried it.

Thanks, k

Most rubbing compounds I have used (3M, Maguiers) have petroleum distilate's in them

It is best to sand between coats.rubbing it out the paint mite not stick as well.

Back