Turtle wax polishing compound

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

I want to see if I can buff out some blemishes and Turtle wax polishing compound is all I have. Does it have any silicone in it? I want to make sure i can coat over the paint if I cannot buff out the blemish. I will not use anything with silicone in it as I will not be able to paint over it again.

Thanks. k

If it doesn't buff out, and you have to re-coat it, I would wet sand it. I don't believe polishing compound has silicone.

Thanks Mike and Gary for your replies.

Silicone is very difficult to get rid of. It is for this reason that I do not use any mold release that has silicone in it. I have had a hull pulled from a mold using a silicone release. Despite wet sanding the hull, there were still a couple of spots where the paint would not stick.

Businesses are still close or I would have gotten the auto polishing compound. The only thing I have is the Turtle wax. From their web page, it is 1000 grit. So I will not get the high gloss finish with it. I am still going to wet sand with 1000 paper and then rub it out as long as the Turtle wax does not have silicone in it.

Thanks, k

That's a really course compound. If you have 1000 sandpaper already, use it. Depending on your blemish, you may want to start with 600. It's easier to work your way up.

Latest posts

Back