turn fin versa's curved fin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Boccher

Can any one tell me were I can buy a curved turn fin. I would like to try one on my new 1.8 th scale electric Miss Budweiser. I hear a lot of pro's and cons on both types of fin being straight or curved depending on who I talk to. I can possibly see the (easier to set up ) from the curved fin guys. They say set it straight up and down and let the curved part do the rest in a turn to hold the right sponson down. Any help and or thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thank You
John B

Mike Hughes on this forum makes a great fin That is ready to run. Also the Zipkits 40 hydro fin can be cut down a bit and works well. It would require sharpening. I used straight fins for years. After switching to curved, I won't go back. They handle better and much more adjustable. You are right on setting the bracket straight up and down but pulling the fin slightly front to back will change the boat ride in the straights and turns.

Latest posts

Back