Tunnelstuff in Norway

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joern,

Shiny aluminum looks even better in person 😉
Been pretty busy with life and haven’t touched a boat since may, guess it’s time to get that 7.5 back together.

Class act sir, can’t thank you enough.

That is some serious power.

Mold looks great. So you make 2 parts for the pipe and then put them together?
What pipe did you use for reference for the design or it is your own?

Mold looks great. So you make 2 parts for the pipe and then put them together?
What pipe did you use for reference for the design or it is your own?
Yes there is 2 halves for the curved part, and then I will make a mandrel for the straight part. Parts will be joined after moulding and wraped in carbon.
When I designed the pipe I made multiple calculations in my pipe design software, and then measured a Prestwich pipe that I know for sure works good. Then I compared everything and made a final design based on experience and the measurements. If it does not work as I`m hoping I will simply have to adjust the design and make a new one. It is a lot of work, but that is how it is when making something new....

I’ve done something that has been rattling in my head for a while 🤪
I purchased an OS GT 15 HZ engine to see if I can make it fit on a 39 inch tunnel.
Since it as a gasoline engine I know for sure it is gonna be lazy 😁 Could be a nice Sunday-boat though 😎

Attachments

• D79357CA-AC94-4579-AA3C-B5E6334A1410.jpeg
    D79357CA-AC94-4579-AA3C-B5E6334A1410.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 62B807A4-5A6A-4F90-B327-C1374C5AD237.jpeg
    62B807A4-5A6A-4F90-B327-C1374C5AD237.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Joern, Could you lay out the ignition components, and snap a few pictures please ?

I have two old gas motors that use a crank triggered ignition without the "flying magnet"
built into the flywheel... I'm interested to see how OS develops the power for the coil and spark.
If the instructions show the wiring and set up, I would love to see a picture of those too.

If it all works out the way I think it does, this could be a good source of parts to get these old motors running again!

Thanks in advance!!!
Frank

Thanks for the link !
This definitely shows some potential of working for me.. The current ignition system that came with the motors is multi parts, pieces, wiring, batteries, connects to the radio, has water cooled coils..
Very convoluted for what it is,,, this looks so much simpler...

Jörn,
You have made lots of good stuff. Have you ever made the exhaust adapter the other way?
Have an OS Speed which I would like to test the OS stock exhaust on.

Jörn,
You have made lots of good stuff. Have you ever made the exhaust adapter the other way?
Have an OS Speed which I would like to test the OS stock exhaust on.
No I have not made that version, but I`m sure it can be done. However, I`m busy at the moment, but can have a look at it later

Exact, would be very kind of you if you take the time sometimes to make it.
There is no rush for me. I have the same climate as you have.
:oops:☺️
By the way, do you still have some CMB 45 adapter left?

Last edited:
Back