Tunnel hull builder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you looking for? A cat and a tunnel are two different boat styles. What size are you looking for?

I thought a tunnell hull and a tunnell cat were the same.Anywho a 32" maybe, something I can put my 7.5 k&b in.Sorry didn't answer your question specifically. A tunnell cat 32".Thanks for answering hope you can help.

Jonathan..
From viewing a lot of your questions and posts...it looks like you have a passion for this segment of the R.C. hobby...
If I may make a suggestion...check out some local clubs and visit some local races if possible...there you can see first hand all this hobby has to offer....and im only suggesting this from my own experiences...I have probably done everything possible wrong thing in boats..planes and on road racing....and spent a fortune in money....just by diving in without any real knowledge....just my own suggestions...and not trying to discourage you from this segment...just hoping you dont waist time and money like I did....

Especially if you want to race. There is no sense in building a boat that there is no class for. If you motor is an inboard you are looking for a cat hull, Outboards run on tunnels and can be put on monos riggers and cats but they are at a disadvantage to the inboard versions as they have to run with the regular boats of that class. Someone in the club may have a boat for sale and could help you get set up. I do have a cat for sale but it is a 67-80 boat Join a club as you will meet some of the best people around and you will have a lot more fun!!

Brad

Not looking to race at all just want to blast around its a 7.5 outboard I have 1 nib and 1 older also a redhead.I have a lap cat 2 probably going to get another.thanks for the advice.not really looking to travel just have fun at my local ponds, not shure of a club by me in the Boston area.Know of any??

For fun running any of the hulls available will do well
PTI Hull - Paul Renna
Vans Racing and Leecraft - Ron Shaw
Visioncraft - Mike L
Hellions - Bill Britton

Jonathan..
Have you found a boat yet....if not..I'm starting a build ...its a J.D. 30" WOF tunnel..the plans are free from I.W.
just down load and print out..and we can build together.

Just to make sure what you are looking for:

Racing tunnel (what you are looking for?)

t9ukhz.jpg

Racing Catamaran:

ajmctt.jpg

If you are wanting a boat to run a 7.5, the 34" WOF would be great for the motor. The plans I have for that boat is too large to put on this site. I can send them to you if you desire to do so.

All the people Kris listed for boats are members of IW.

Back