Tuned Pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

Who makes tuned pipes to fit  the OS Max 21 Ver.II modified Tunnel hull class

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, most of us who have run the OS's for many years have come to realize its hard to beat an OS's stock exhaust system. There is not much benefit from just bolting on a tuned pipe. that being said, you can certainly try any 3.5cc size tuned pipe, you just need a header that is specific to the OS motor. I honestly dont know of anyone that makes a ready to purchase OS header. Most of us just made them in years past.

Tom, most of us who have run the OS's for many years have come to realize its hard to beat an OS's stock exhaust system. There is not much benefit from just bolting on a tuned pipe. that being said, you can certainly try any 3.5cc size tuned pipe, you just need a header that is specific to the OS motor. I honestly dont know of anyone that makes a ready to purchase OS header. Most of us just made them in years past.
Gabe is correct. The extended muffler that comes on the new air cooled engine is very fast but needs to be on a boat that is running free on the water to allow the engine to spool up enough to stage. I have never seen an O/S engine with a true expansion chamber that has performed as well as the stock O/S muffler.

Original Silver bullet worked great on my VS-1. I also had modified the crank and port timings though using EAS and Marty’s tech notes.

You may wanna go for this solution, allows all car style headers.
If you complete with a 21D carb you will have an increase in power.

Attachments

• 062C1B1E-23D8-436F-9FA2-824F7D1C9ED4.jpeg
    062C1B1E-23D8-436F-9FA2-824F7D1C9ED4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • 66689CC0-10E1-4C22-AB79-FD2C4C145D1C.jpeg
    66689CC0-10E1-4C22-AB79-FD2C4C145D1C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 128
  • EA6B6B2D-4C64-4E73-A0AC-8AAF78926CD6.jpeg
    EA6B6B2D-4C64-4E73-A0AC-8AAF78926CD6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
What I found testing a tune pipe VS the long muffler was the OS muffler was as fast on top end but the pipe lowered laps times a bit in testing and could pull more prop. I have changed between stock and mod heats (two bolts on an OS). Worth it? probably more mental than real help in actual heats.
Mic

What I found testing a tune pipe VS the long muffler was the OS muffler was as fast on top end but the pipe lowered laps times a bit in testing and could pull more prop. I have changed between stock and mod heats (two bolts on an OS). Worth it? probably more mental than real help in actual heats.
Mic
I agree with you, but do not underestimate the power of menthal satisfaction

Latest posts

Back