tower hobbies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tower Hobbies is up for auction. Horizon Hobbies has placed a bid. There are parts that whoever buys them won't get like Revell and Estes. IF they successfully win the auction I don't know how this will effect the rest of the hobby as they will end up by competing against themselves. Will Futaba still be around under their umbrella or any other companies that Tower seems to be exclusive dealers for? Will little guys take up some of the slack? I see the talking to be interesting at the Toledo Show.

Ron,

When is the Toledo Show this year?

April what?

Thanks John,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all hope that someone like Horizon is able to purchase the positive assets, continue to be successful, and not go down the same dark road that Hobbico traveled. And do hope top quality brands such as Futaba and OS can find a a positive retail outlet/service center, whether it be Horizon or another. Just my $.02 worth as a concerned hobbyist.

Wallster

Guys,
For now, I have the OS Outboard Marine engines, lowers, and parts covered at prices that are less than what Tower was offering. Hopefully someone can help with Futaba imports as well until all of this shakes out.

From what I heard yesterday, Tower, along with 55% of Horizon, was bought by Hobbico. Hobbico didn't buy anything that wasn't R/C related. As far as Futaba, I wasn't able to find out anything as the person I was talking to has had to deal primarily with Hobbico distributors and is now in the process of finding distributors that handle what Hobbico didn't aquire

WTH? I think you need to quit posting this junk! you don't know what you are talking about.

Currently the sale to Horizon is being contested. A lawyer for Hobbico is also an investor in Horizon, outside group is claiming collusion and with a known connection it deterred other potential bidders.

It did say in the article they snagged everything R/C related, should the sale be cleared

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2018-03-31/horizon-the-sole-bidder-hobbicos-rc-business.html
Brandon,

That is what I read as well. Horizon is a good company too so hopefully this will happen.

WTH? I think you need to quit posting this junk! you don't know what you are talking about.
I was told that by a hobby shop owner that's been in business for years. it's possible he or I got the company's backwards. At this point I don't really care as I can get pretty much anything I need from his store

Back