Top speed 3 help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken hunt

Hi guys , just getting back into boats after 35 years . I just picked up a top speed 3 tunnel hull brand new in the box , built it with an os max 21 outboard . I followed the instructions to the letter and when it was finished I went to balance it and could not even get close to the instructions 7.5 to 8.6 balance point . I took the battery out of the radio box and placed it back towards the fuel tank and it balanced out perfectly? Should I build a small box and place the battery back by the fuel tank with a Futaba extension? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I’m new to the hobby and at a total loss on how to approach this . Thanks Ken .

Hi guys , just getting back into boats after 35 years . I just picked up a top speed 3 tunnel hull brand new in the box , built it with an os max 21 outboard . I followed the instructions to the letter and when it was finished I went to balance it and could not even get close to the instructions 7.5 to 8.6 balance point . I took the battery out of the radio box and placed it back towards the fuel tank and it balanced out perfectly? Should I build a small box and place the battery back by the fuel tank with a Futaba extension? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I’m new to the hobby and at a total loss on how to approach this . Thanks Ken .

I always ran my TS 3 with the rx battery in the radio box. It seems to me that put the balance point about 10" from the transom which is typical for a tunnel the size of the TS 3. Well, at least the 20 size tunnel boats I ran. On most of my tunnel boats, I actually added lead to the sponson tips to help control the boat in race water conditions.

JD

I always ran my TS 3 with the rx battery in the radio box. It seems to me that put the balance point about 10" from the transom which is typical for a tunnel the size of the TS 3. Well, at least the 20 size tunnel boats I ran. On most of my tunnel boats, I actually added lead to the sponson tips to help control the boat in race water conditions.

JD

Thanks Jerry I’ll put the battery back in the box and see where it ends up balancing out at . Thank you for your advice.

One thing to ponder.. the boat will never heat race with an empty tank..

Run the CG as far back as you can.. (I also would run the battery in the box) and do all your testing in that setup.. ONLY AFTER you have exhausted all your testing its time to start moving the CG forward.

I like to test CG last. Because the AREO has the most effect on CG and AERO is "designed in to the boat" I test that last.

If that works out.. you will have a better "rough water boat"

99 ways to get to 1

Grim

Back