Tiger king SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Danny, I haven’t been a gas inclined guy but am curious as to how much work and $$ it takes to work over your gas power plant to achieve that sort of performance? Who knows, maybe one day but am just curious about the investment going down that path.
Greg
It’s pricey to go fast. A real good gas engine will cost what a modified 101 does. But man you can get gas running pretty good these days and nitro hauls ass these days.
but I have run the last 3 Sunday. 2 boats. Same 2 spark plugs and the same 2.5 gallons of gas that cost about $16 with oil.
you can certainly tear up fast gas stuff like nitro. But just cheaper to run.
this engine starts of stock in the box for $300 but quickly goes up. But they run great stock too.
it mostly costs time. Time to get it all working together.

Totally agree 100% !!

It used to be reasonable to run nitro, and in my heart, I will always be a nitro guy.... but you can't argue with the lower costs with running gas.
There is nothing like the excitement of racing a twin nitro hydro...makes your knees weak and come off the drivers stand shaking the transmitter like a crackhead...

Someday soon I hope they get the rpm and screaming sound out of the gas motors...until then I'm sticking to single engine gas boats.

I do have a few gassers, and I do have fun running them, but they just don't have the same thrill I get from nitro...

Cost wise my gassers are much lower overall, but I didn't get into boats thinking that any of them were going to be cheap...
Speed costs......how fast do you want to go?

Hi Danny,
do you know the weight of the Tiger King engine, just seeing how it would compare to the weight of a CMB Alpha of about 2kg, a great running SGX you have there

I have a tiger king 26 br and the weight is similar to that of a zenoah and it is lighter than a CMB 27 alpha, in europe a boat fsrv with tiger king gpv 27 performs well against the CMB because the boat is more lightweight

Hi Danny,
do you know the weight of the Tiger King engine, just seeing how it would compare to the weight of a CMB Alpha of about 2kg, a great running SGX you have there
Thank you.
The stock 27 evo with both coils and carb no mounts is 3.1 lbs.
the cmb 27 is about 4.4-4.5lbs.

Back