Throttle Setup Zenoah G260 WT-257 carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
When looking into the carb, how far open would the throttle servo need to hold the butterfly open for idling? I’m assuming it needs to be open so correct me if I’m wrong. I’m only used to nitro where you would see a little elliptical opening for idling.

Idling a gas engine the carb is just barely cracked.

If the butterfly ever shifts on the shaft and won't close all the way you can not even shut one off so that is pretty closed to maintain a idle.

If the idle screw is still in the carb it is only less than a turn after the tip of screw makes contact with throttle arm and starts to open the butterfly.

On my gasser airplanes, I check to see if there is a hole in the butterfly, if there is I pull the butterfly out and solder the hole closed and make sure the butterfly fits perfectly and completely closes.

On my gasser airplanes, I check to see if there is a hole in the butterfly, if there is I pull the butterfly out and solder the hole closed and make sure the butterfly fits perfectly and completely closes.

You sure your not talking about the choke ?

Can't recall a Walbro with more than a tiny notch at the edge over the low speed discharge holes.

But the chokes often have a small air hole to meter air in with the fuel so it will start with choke on and lessen the chance for flooding the engine.

Back