Throttle linkage

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Fantauzzi

Hey, all, is anyone using this throttle linkage from zippkits on their gas engines? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-144922_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200826-144922_Chrome.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 56
Hey Vince. Peter and I (SRI Motorsports) have used direct flex cable throttle (rotary servo to carb) for decades. Before water proof servos were readily available, we would do our own w/proofing. Just be aware that you need a servo with more rotation (digital can be re-programmed) to get full throttle. There is also no need to use a covering over the flex. It can cause trapped moisture to start rusting it.

It's the most simple and effective system, that allows servos (rudder as well) to be mounted at their best location and free up the much smaller radio box to be put anywhere in the hull you wish. Components to fabricate your own, are available at Servo City as well.

Cables are ok but make sure U have a stronger the the stock return spring so should the cable break the carb will close the butterfly. A runaway boat IS REALLY FROWN

If your end points are set properly (same as any linkage), there is no way a 1/8" flex cable will break operating a butterfly. Haven't even stressed a cable in close to 40 years of using them. A broken piece of 1/8" flex cable on the end of the butterfly shaft will no way require more than the stock return spring.
You are far more likely to have issues with servo horns, radio box seals on rods, multiple rods and ball ends, bell cranks and stand-offs, and carb shaft levers (typical gas carb linkage).

Rotary direct to rotary ... doesn't get any simpler! KISS method.

I prefer the standard servo pushpull. I use a bellcrank with solid attachtment. I dont care for the one that just pushes against a arm on the butterfly shaft.

I prefer the standard servo pushpull. I use a bellcrank with solid attachtment. I dont care for the one that just pushes against a arm on the butterfly shaft.

+1 Exactly !!
Smart man right there. Speedmaster style is by far the BEST way to go bar none.

Back