This Mono forum seems to be dead, lets liven it up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobLondress

Vendor
No action here in a while. I thought I would share my new project.

Steve muck streaker I bought here last fall, it had never been put together. I didn't like the glass deck so I cut the freeboard down about 3/4" and framed up a wood deck for it. 1/8" lite ply, mahogany veneer and glassed it together. K&B 91, X467 prop and it should be ready in a few weeks.

bob

001.JPG

002.JPG

Thanks

It may be a little too much motor for the boat, but that's why there's a throttle .

very nice, would have never known it was a Steve Muck Streaker in "disguise". The wood really changes it up. I know what you mean about the glass deck (although it is a sleek design), I don't care for the "flange" deck/hull joint circumference.

How many bulkheads did you use for the frame?

I've been working on getting my original Muck Spartan Streaker back up and running. I originally built it in 1987. It has a Rossi R65RV drum valve, with a 7/8in sub-surface strut-depth, X450 prop. It ran extremely fast. These hulls are on the heavy side, thick layup.

Feb2016_SteveMuck_SpartanStreaker_Circa-1985_03.jpg

Feb2016_SteveMuck_SpartanStreaker_Circa-1985_09.jpg

Feb2016_SteveMuck_SpartanStreaker_Circa-1985_06.jpg

Feb2016_SteveMuck_SpartanStreaker_Circa-1985_28.jpg

very nice, would have never known it was a Steve Muck Streaker in "disguise". The wood really changes it up. I know what you mean about the glass deck (although it is a sleek design), I don't care for the "flange" deck/hull joint circumference.

I've been working on getting my original Muck Spartan Streaker back up and running. I originally built it in 1987. It has a Rossi R65RV drum valve, with a 7/8in sub-surface strut-depth, X450 prop. It ran extremely fast. These hulls are on the heavy side, thick layup.
I made 2 forward deck beams with 3/8" sq spruce saw cut every 1/2" to allow the bend and then laminated them with 1/16 ply on both sides. The inner side beams in the engine bay are 1/8 x 1/2 spruce with a vertical beam in the middle so when I grab it to launch, I don't put stress on the deck. It came out very strong.I had a Spartan streaker just like yours with a rossi 65 and ran it quite a bit in the 90's. They are fast, I had it clocked at a record trial at 64 mph. I actually held the IMPBA record with it for a while in 1988

Scott I really like that mono and colour.. looks quick is it stock? Looks awsome.

Great Job

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

Motor is stock. So far..
default_wink.png

I made 2 forward deck beams with 3/8" sq spruce saw cut every 1/2" to allow the bend and then laminated them with 1/16 ply on both sides. The inner side beams in the engine bay are 1/8 x 1/2 spruce with a vertical beam in the middle so when I grab it to launch, I don't put stress on the deck. It came out very strong.I had a Spartan streaker just like yours with a rossi 65 and ran it quite a bit in the 90's. They are fast, I had it clocked at a record trial at 64 mph. I actually held the IMPBA record with it for a while in 1988
when you installed the wood deck structure is the inner hull area still open to water (like up in the bow section)? Or are sections completely sealed off from water?

David

the inner hull is all open, no sealed bulkheads. There is flotation down both sides and in the bow area in front of the 20 oz tank

Latest posts

Back