The open internet is now gone in the USA!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont worry guys. Hillary will have 8 years to fix the sky when it starts to fall. We can use the Internet tax to pay for it.

Don

Last time I questioned what you said, the administrators locked up the thread so I'm speechless except to say that I'm sorry about your doctor issues. I have all my same doctors and my rate went down $31 per month.

Did I just hear a padlock click shut?
Good for you Jim, I still have my same doctors but have seen our health care costs rise over 35% since ACA, prior to that we went years with no increases in costs and it actually went down almost 5% in 2004.

As for this latest farce I'll just sit back and be sure to say I told you so when everyone's internet provider fees start climbing from the added taxes and fees in the months to come just like when the government stuck their fingers into regulating the phone companies. I am totally in favor of net neutrality, but not like this.

It's a shame that so many sheeple can't stop drinking the liberal Kool-Aid..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well said Don, What we need is for the Govt. to deregulate not add more regulations. It worked for the airlines and created competition which gave you choices and lowered prices. Finally words of wisdom from a knowledgeable person. Give them a straw to drain your half full glass and they will sneak in a fire hose to drain you dry. Tom

Sure it'll probably still work the same but it will become more expensive to get what you already have now.
without wading into the left-right bickering, all I can say is that the cable/ISP companies have done a bang-up job making my rates go up on a regular basis as it is.

at any rate, I'm not under any illusions that this whole fight is anywhere near over.

Tom and Don

I just figured out why I'm a dumb liberal. I have no hearing in my right ear so I only hear what comes from the left. Really!!

Jim, I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, was it your same doctor that came up with that or was it the sand left that plugged your right ear? There can be very little good that comes from this. Take from the have nots for what reason?. Free enterprise is what stimulates.

What? Haves and have nots? Free enterprise? I thought this thread was about net neutrality.

What? Haves and have nots? Free enterprise? I thought this thread was about net neutrality.
It is, Sean. But everything still comes down to dollars & greed, sad but true.....It does seem that ANY time the government gets involved, it ends up costing us more. Obamacare kicked in, my one monthly prescription has doubled in cost! Last jump was 30% ($78 to $105) in a single month! The cost had not changed for 3 years prior to our government mandated healthcare screwing. The scary part is that they are targeting stuff that affects EVERYONE, that just increases the potential profits for the money grubbers. It used to be that smaller groups were targeted so it would be easier to slide through tagged onto a more universally accepted piece of legislation. Now these bills are aimed at everyone, & stand more so on their own, & we the sheeple just turn around bend over & spread our cheeks?? Hell, even Oprah ain't all about Obammy any more.....

Robin, You just gave more clarity to the problem and also a very clear explanation. Thank You. Tom

The REALLY scary part is they are only doing what we allow them to.....sheeple make this possible, mad, indignant VOTERS could stop it!!!

So... The FCC should not have stepped in to prevent things like this...

" I have comcast for my internet. they provide on demand movies. I also have netflix. they dont want you to use netflix because they want your money. So they can slow down your access to netflix making it nearly useless. then they can charge either you or netflix to allow the faster speeds again. Or of course comcast on demand will always be fast.

"

If this is the free enterprise you seek, I think I'll pass.

ATT was just fined millions for throttling back people's unlimited internet access on their mobile phones. Careful how much faith you place in corporate good will. Corporation may not see you as sheeple

... More like lambs to the slaughter.

Only because the majority of the herd ALLOW it. Both examples used are driven purely by greed. Don't like what Comcast or AT&T are doing? Dump them! If enough folks stood back up, turned back around & faced these money grubbin' worthless sob's by switching providers, it would show up in the profit margins. That's the only thing they will pay attention to, hit 'em in the wallet. Don't EVER believe that the american public cannot bring change through legal means, as my maternal (Pennsylvania Dutch) grandmother would say - "can't never could do much".

That's all well and good, and while I agree with you for the most part, some don't have a choice if they want Internet and TV. In many places, you only have one choice or nothing at all.

Tom, Don and Robin

You have convinced me with all the great examples you have put forward that everything that is wrong is either the fault of President Obama or Obamacare. I'm a little confused about how regulating the T.V. stations is connected to the fact its snowing outside but since you seem sure it is its all good

All kidding aside, this has gone far enough. You seem to think anyone who thinks different than you is somehow flawed. I treasure the freedom we have in this country that allows us to have and express our own opinions. You should too because if we all agreed on everything, you would have no one to blame when something went wrong.

Jim, I used them as examples of how WE allowed these sort of things to be done. Oobama is not the sole reason, his original ideas (the ones he had in his mind before he actually expressed them out loud) were prolly what he felt were good. It is after the politicians, lawyers, lobbiests, business men, accountants & spin doctors get ahold of anything it turns to $. Root of all evil, an old saying, but still true. I am not blaming any one entity it is a group effort (or lack thereof) that is making & allowing this to take place. But in the end, it's all about money. It's not the internet, it's not obamacare, it's not what color I painted my new boat, it's all fueled by greed - and we the people allowing it to be forced upon us.

Boy glad i dont have any of those companies i run my home computer off my phone hot spot and no i dont have verizion at&t or those big companies

Back