The JVS Claim Jumper

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 10 or 11 yrs old here. My father bought a 40 claim jumper. We tried every style of shaft in it, flex, universal joint, that sucker never planed.

Don't know how the NAMBA guys made it work? By todays standards (rules) would this be a legal hull today?

View attachment 52591

I remember the JVS guys running one of those in the mid 70's our in California at NAMBA events. Red top & white bottom. The one I remember ran in C hydro with an OPS 60. They ran an Octura 2.6 prop on it. The problem was at launch, when a sheet of water would cover the rear wings and they couldn't break it free and get the boat to come up on plane. When they got a good launch, the boat ran well, but Jim Whitlatch would always spank 'em with his Wing Ding featuring a Art Hammand stroked OPS 60 (ST 65 crank).

bought the nicer of the 2 (red and white) and the round-nose sport hydro.. The other Claim Jumper with cut-away deck was really rough, just not worth messing with.

Back