The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Charlie those 2821s look like they have been depitched and decupped ?? did you have any trouble with hop from them? About to test a couple of them ,my boat loves the 2819s best speed 93mph. Cheers Ace

Hi Charlie those 2821s look like they have been depitched and decupped ?? did you have any trouble with hop from them? About to test a couple of them ,my boat loves the 2819s best speed 93mph. Cheers Ace
Ace they are great for speed I ran them at the championships in Florida and and won. The 2819s are better for heat racing I just went overkill most of the race was ran 1/2 throttle I haven't spent enough time on strait away speed testing to see how fast they really go. the few times that I ran mid to high 90s one time flying off the water it hit 102mph on my hitec radio but thats not a true running speed. I not sure if Brian cut the cupping out or just streamlined I bought them finished. The 101s really like the way the 2821s load the Modded motors. I'm sure the 90 Evos that you have should book and if not 101 P/Ls fit write in lol! Have you modded your motors ? and did you find another AB billet pipe yet? have you ran the CRCO props and what do you think? Pass ya later Charlie

You know Charlie your Pass ya later dosent work on me at a subliminal level lol ,it may just be me that passes you later
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Any way i did not find a billet pipe but had some made an actually work better , my 90`s are very modified ,i have ran the COCR props but seem to be slightly faster with some modded 2819`s and they handle very nicely in all water conditions , im sure with some mods the COCR props would be as quick but are just a bit harder to bend ,I have not been playing with the twin of lately been testing a new nova 67 in my 67 boat and very impressed with it , just bought a new futaba radio with GPS and wow what a testers dream that is , so about to get the twin back out to test the 2821`s and get her ready for our nationals next month then i be working hard to get myself to America next year to come an take the title off ya
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Cheers Ace

You know Charlie your Pass ya later dosent work on me at a subliminal level lol ,it may just be me that passes you later
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Any way i did not find a billet pipe but had some made an actually work better , my 90`s are very modified ,i have ran the COCR props but seem to be slightly faster with some modded 2819`s and they handle very nicely in all water conditions , im sure with some mods the COCR props would be as quick but are just a bit harder to bend ,I have not been playing with the twin of lately been testing a new nova 67 in my 67 boat and very impressed with it , just bought a new futaba radio with GPS and wow what a testers dream that is , so about to get the twin back out to test the 2821`s and get her ready for our nationals next month then i be working hard to get myself to America next year to come an take the title off ya
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Cheers Ace
Dude I dont care who passes who lets race baby!!! Thats just a farewell call sign. It would be bad ass if you came over to race it would mean that there would be three or four eagle twins Danny asked me the other day if I had plans to go back next year and I wasnt sure if I was or if I am going to the sand dunes this summer to run my sand rail. Either way if you go I just might lock into the next Battle Royal as Tom Foley would put it. Know to jack you up lol past ya and it was sweet
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie the best races are when you racing your so close that your changing lead a couple times an if your lose its still the best race you had all meet ,I live for that an die trying,even if I`m second an cant get past thats racing love it. I believe you guys are the same because its the only time we are fully alive,I believe we should live our whole lives the same way at WOT!! So at this moment I`m working to be there next year as Ian has told me how good you guys are an the racing is very competitive,,really looking forward to meeting all you guys . Ace
default_cool.png

good luck Tom , we have them here to and bloody big carp , I have an open mind David I`ll be going to a different part of the world racing a different format and totally unusual conditions an competition, ,but will give it a bloody good go ,I`m used to being throw in the deep end operating cranes all over the world but this is not my job just a passion for fast boats an racing ,so when the time comes will need advice on what i need to do to race there , Ian has already been advising me. Cheers Ace

Yep good luck Tom if nothing gets in his way Ace he’s unstoppable. If Ian hasn’t said it yet it’s pretty important to survive the preliminary races. It was told to me years ago open water is instant death if you survive that and unleash on the big show on Sunday. To many good boats got taken out way too early. I almost got a DQ for driving to aggressively after cutting 5 buoys and getting penalized one lap for the mistake I tried to make it up and win the heat when all I needed to do was place it put the other dead boats in jeopardy and mine if I hit someone at the total loss of both boats. If you don’t have a good set of spare parts get with Andy ASAP because a lot of parts are not interchangeable as Danny King and I found out our tubes sponsons cowls tanks nothing could interchange but it didn’t matter any ways he got hit and it killed it . Can’t wait to practice and will check Tom out here next week. Oh David pass ya later Charlie lol!!!!

Hi Ace,

The props I did for Charlie are stock pitch with the cup cleaned up, not removed. I reshape the trailing edge without removing any of the pressure face area, it allows for a cleaner/sharper exit.

Thanks Brian I have done similar to what you have done but not sure my 90`s will pull them ,I did not get to try them this weekend as I was at my sisters farm helping out for a bushfire that was heading their way , thankfully the wind changed direction ,so hopefully this weekend I`ll get to try as probably my last chance before our Nats. Charlie what sort of strut angle were you running with them ? Did you have to deepen the Struts ? Did you have to change angle of attack on the sponsons ?

Thanks Brian I have done similar to what you have done but not sure my 90`s will pull them ,I did not get to try them this weekend as I was at my sisters farm helping out for a bushfire that was heading their way , thankfully the wind changed direction ,so hopefully this weekend I`ll get to try as probably my last chance before our Nats. Charlie what sort of strut angle were you running with them ? Did you have to deepen the Struts ? Did you have to change angle of attack on the sponsons ?
Gary’s right if your running a 1667 the new props are -5deg. That’s where I ended up at anything less and it would wheely and blow off the water and that’s the same if it’s a single also even 45 67 90 thought props don’t lift. I didn’t lower my struts per say but it does just changing the angle. Ace I’m pretty sure you have the bass round strut Andy says that they don’t lift like the older billet aluminum struts have a flat bottom and lift just from the angle change I have seen him soldier flat brass plates on the bottom of them to create lift without so much angle. Talk about to Andy if you are having problems with keeping it on the water. I have lifted the rear sponsons 1mm and I may go to 2mm to keep a good down force at high speeds .

Charlie

Charlie, I did as you have done on my single 90 to the strut and sponsons and was wondering how far I would have to go on my twin , I do run round struts and do have a set of flats but to me a bit more angle wont hurt as easier to take hop out with less angle than with flat struts , when i tried the 2821 on my 90 it hopped badly so went back to the 2819 an added some angle an that works much better an faster than the 2821 an she has a rounded strut ,don`t ask me what angle but it was near -5 deg , my twin is a bit different as I run different rear sponsons than the original design so I will play around a bit on Sunday an see what works best , thanks for a bit of a heads up cheers Ace

Charlie, I did as you have done on my single 90 to the strut and sponsons and was wondering how far I would have to go on my twin , I do run round struts and do have a set of flats but to me a bit more angle wont hurt as easier to take hop out with less angle than with flat struts , when i tried the 2821 on my 90 it hopped badly so went back to the 2819 an added some angle an that works much better an faster than the 2821 an she has a rounded strut ,don`t ask me what angle but it was near -5 deg , my twin is a bit different as I run different rear sponsons than the original design so I will play around a bit on Sunday an see what works best , thanks for a bit of a heads up cheers Ace
So you have the fat shoes like Arons we changed his to the flat struts we should have this going this summer as soon as he comes over to work on it . Im thinking you are also running 90evos and Im running 101s. Im thinking the larger displays meant is also a factor how does your 90s launch with thoughts larger props? Ive only seen the guys with 101s running them and I was the only one running them at the winter Championships most every one was running the 2819s or2817s and Mark Bullard was cutting or rounding the tips off of them and his twin was booking with the 91Novas. Something else pull the tips over on the 2819s you should be at a 100+mph Andy told me that the Evo 90s are fast than the 101s the 2821s are probably to much pitch they also prop walk pretty bad if you hammer the gas on launch I cut 5 Bouise launching under pressure. The only props that make my boat hop was the

2167 3bladed props until I straightened out the struts or my struts come loose.

D1DF6A7C-92F9-4B26-B6D5-1CFD7B80991A.jpeg

Charlie I have the same set up as the photo but have rounded the struts on the bottom , I had problems with the struts coming loose but just added another bolt to clamp the struts from coming loose I would suggest the same for the boat in the photo another thing I would do is plate the back of the boat with carbon fibre inside an out to strengthen the back of the boat . Ace

Ok guys after a lot of working with the under slung struts I have finally changed them to transom mounted. They are a little larger than the older ones work better in the sense that they dont come loose and I dont have to put a lot of angle in them Im at 2deg instead of 4 still have the props unloading with the skis though.

Back