Tested FE Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephan Peterson

Got some water time with new Fe Scale. ESC never got over 96 degrees, motor 123 at ends of motor. Ran 8 hard laps two cool down laps, prather 250 turned down to 57mm. (stupid rule) 27500 rpm. Maxed out at 175 amp draw. 9500mah had 40% left. Not sure if these number are good or bad i have never ran electric before. Boat seemed fast but will have to wait to see in heat racing conditions.

Too bad you didn’t post any vids, I would like to have seen it. What size scale did you build, 1/10th or 1/8th? Like you, I don’t know much about elec boats but I’m forcing myself to learn. In my area, we don’t have much going on with either scale or elec so it’s hard to find stuff out or at least see it in action.

Steve,

There are many other propeller choices for those electric
scale boats. The Prather 250 is a great heat racing propeller.
It is interesting that some of the different three blades from
ABC Propeller are working Very Well on these electric set ups.
The 57 mm diameter rule is not going to hurt you at all in a heat
racing set up. Regulations in racing are just trying to keep the
playing field level for all the players. A unlimited class would be
really fast with the newer motors and batteries. Nice boat you have there.

Take Care,

Mark Sholund

I was set on building a new 1/8th scale nitro boat but after watching the 1/8th scale elec boats, I’m starting to lean in that direction. I watch a couple vids of Doug’s boat running in Atlanta and that thing is insane!

I guess after I get my P limited Sport hydro done I’ll have to make that decision!!!

Latest posts

Back