Superboats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Lewis

Supporting Member
Guys, I have an older but never built 58 inch expresscraft cat. Would this boat be eligible for super boat class? If so I was thinking about an inline twin. All I've seen is V hulls so far... any ideas would be appreciated .

Michael

Yea john I like the idea of a single engine setup and I like the 30.5 I have one in a hydro I'm building. I guess it would be a fun class set up that way... also any suggestions on servos for it?
Thanks
Michael

Thanks Eric, I'm pretty sure I can make the 30 lb mark with a single setup. I like Gizmos 30.5 but I'm also interested in BH Hansons mod 35, but don't know that much about it. I guess it's worth checking out. Appreciate it...

Michael

Thanks Eric, I'm pretty sure I can make the 30 lb mark with a single setup. I like Gizmos 30.5 but I'm also interested in BH Hansons mod 35, but don't know that much about it. I guess it's worth checking out. Appreciate it...

Michael
Michael, I'm in the process of completing a SuperBoat at the moment, Assault Ambush (57") I decided on a single Hanson full mod 35, highly recommended by a gentleman in the Voodoo model boat club, he runs very well with a single engine, In our local club, a gentleman runs a twin in his - and the boat is a absolute beast until something breaks, I'm entering the Shootout race in Carrollton, there they are splitting the classes into 2 categories, single & twins making it fair

Thanks David, that's something I wanted to hear!!! . Think I'll go ahead and order the 35 mod and go from there. I like the idea of the split for twins and singles as it makes for another class. What about the steering servo, not sure how much is needed on this big cat...
Michael

Thanks David, that's something I wanted to hear!!! . Think I'll go ahead and order the 35 mod and go from there. I like the idea of the split for twins and singles as it makes for another class. What about the steering servo, not sure how much is needed on this big cat...
Michael

Savox 1212 is great choice. Plenty of torque. Priced well and water proof but best to put in a box.

Don't forget to check out Promodeler Servos. I've changed all my boats over to this brand. Military grade servos and John is great to deal with. Compare the quality, price and specs to other brands.

Thanks Scott, I'll definitely check it out. Sorry it takes me so long to get back with you guys, there's no service at my house. I'll check them out today at work lol.

Back