Strut Depth Setup Block

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I just put "Jack" (my CNC machine) to work. I love working with Delrin but paint doesn't stick well. Have to come up with another solution or material.

Attachments

• setup gauge.jpg
    setup gauge.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
Heck, I just put "Jack" (my CNC machine) to work. I love working with Delrin but paint doesn't stick well. Have to come up with another solution or material.
David,

Does your CNC not have an engrave function?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components.
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine And Precision LLC

Brad, it does, it was engraved but since it was black it was hard to see so I wanted to throw some paint in there to make it a little easier to see.
D

Hello David,

I have a CNC router myself. Would you mind sharing the file so I could create one of these for myself? This would certainly make boat setup easier and less prone to even slight errors.

I'm fixing up a very old Dumas Hotshot and last night I found some box making software and made up a new electronics box for it. It fit like a glove and will make a nice watertight space for for this boat.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee, glad to. Here is the Gcode files. I haven't figured out how to export svg files yet. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading them.

Attachments

• Strut Block (1).txt
    154.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Strut Block.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 8
Guys
I'm going to draw this strut block over the weekend in Solidworks and post the dfx files ...... if thats ok with Dave !

Alex

I'm no expert but you might want to make the stepped side a bit thicker, from steps to inside. Otherwise, I like it

Alex,

FWIW...…

I had the same thought about the thickness of the legs of your triangle, but I thought a rib would a better solution. Maybe a bit of both....?

Just thinkin' out loud.

Thanks. Brad Christy
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Latest posts

Back