Stolen Identity

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Schofield

Just a heads up to everyone, currently someone is sending emails asking you to run a task of purchasing ebay gift cards for me. It is not coming from my email but they are signing my name. It appears that they have gotten access to all of my email contacts. It is not me and do not purchase the gift cards its a scam. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Matt Schofield

I have seen things like that. Got some from a uncle a couple of years ago wanting about the same think. So I played along and ask how he was doing but never sent anything. After few emails I dropped the bomb on who every it was. My uncle had passed away a couple of years ago before at a nice age of 96. Never heard back from them.

I got the pre-recorded message call from the IRS stating they had a felony arrest warrant out for me, told me to call a number to give them my information. This was two weeks ago. Still waiting for them to show up at the house...

Mark...I got the same call......were both wanted and dangerous.....I wonder if my picture is in the post office....

In the last 10 mins, got two calls from the SS office stating they locked my SS number due to suspicious activity. Both were from 243 area code, which is not valid. Both messages were the same voice.

Robert, wonder if my pic is right next to yours!

Man, they won't give up. Two more calls...

Last edited:
Social Security number suspended due to criminal activity. LMAO got the same call. I have unplugged my house phone for weeks at a time just to give it a rest.:eek:

The wife and I have received many of these as well. We are almost constantly getting the Soc and IRS calls and, several years ago, we received an email that was "supposedly from a friend" that asked for money. The scam was that he had to go to Africa for an emergency and needed help, in the form of cash, to get back home. Funny part was, we had seen him and his wife the previous night. Needless to say, he'd been hacked. When we told him about the email, he immediately changed everything associated with his internet access and has not had an issue since.

Back