Stock Select Vendors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously fellas. I need one of these special motors. Got a club race coming up and they give out these really nice cheap plastic awards to the winner.

Doug

Now that we got some of the crap slinging out of the way...

I am planning to purchase 4 stock motors for some winter build projects. I have no desire to purchase stock motors that someone downgraded to the junior varsity level so they could supply someone with a "select". Seems un-ethical to me. I'll gladly take my chances with an "out of the box" motor.

So if you know, please point me towards those that do the select thing or those that do not. Pretty sure there a few guy's that would like to know.

Doug

Smoke and mirrors....
Someone buys 25 new stock engines, put them on a shelf... when an order comes in, the vendor "selects" one off the shelf, slaps his "Stock Select" decal on it and mails it out..

He also "selects" a few extra bucks from your pocket for this "service" ...you know those decals have to cost something..

Prove me wrong... I'll wait.

I have seen that term used by RPM customers. Not sure what Roger is doing. My guess would be making sure all is well in a new motor. Many boaters feel that the inside of an engine is a scary place, and are willing to pay for the service of making sure all is good in a new engine. Many more just pull them from the bag and burn fuel.
With all mass produced parts you can get tolerance stack. If you have enough parts you can put select fitted parts together to have the best outcome. Proper assembley and optimized clearances can make a difference in longevity and performance. The performance difference will likely be small.

I have seen that term used by RPM customers. Not sure what Roger is doing. My guess would be making sure all is well in a new motor. Many boaters feel that the inside of an engine is a scary place, and are willing to pay for the service of making sure all is good in a new engine. Many more just pull them from the bag and burn fuel.
With all mass produced parts you can get tolerance stack. If you have enough parts you can put select fitted parts together to have the best outcome. Proper assembley and optimized clearances can make a difference in longevity and performance. The performance difference will likely be small.
I would also add that even production parts can be out of spec.
I would also say the difference is extremely minimal.
The answers are at the lake not the Internet.
Stock is the most competitive classes out there. The majority of the ones who do the best test test Test!

When I got into stock gas I was able to purchase stock motors in it's original un-opened box. The last 3-4 I bought came in shipping boxes. The supplier said it was cheaper for freight. I'm not buying that story. Something smelly is going on.

If you got them from Gizmo ive heard some stories never validated. Personally id only buy a new in box Zenoah that comes in a Zenoah box. Or you could get yourself into a trick bag

If you got them from Gizmo ive heard some stories never validated. Personally id only buy a new in box Zenoah that comes in a Zenoah box. Or you could get yourself into a trick bag
Pretty sad you have to worry about receiving used components in a new engine... That's tough to imagine a vendor as big as Gizmo pulling that kind of stuff but you never know.

Steve - Tomato - Tomata.

So how about a list of vendors that sell stock motors (oops - engines) in their original unopened boxes. So far I've got 2 well known reputable vendors that do not.

Doug,

I'll sell you the motor I beat you with last weekend. Then you only need 3 new ones for winter builds.

LOL:cool::cool:

Duke

Duke
I'm with ya! I tell people all the time that I will trade my stock motors for a new one. I need to replace the worn out **** that I just beat you with! Goes along with your point Danny, I am willing to wear my junk out testing. Only way to go fast.
You guys are writting way too much into this stuff. I do not believe that any major distributor is selling used parts or even inferior parts in a stock Zenoah. If I am wrong show us some proof. Internet heros explaining why they get beat.
One, maybe a few vendors offer stock motors that they have checked for proper assembley and clearances. For some that is peace of mind, for others it is a waste of money. It is however value added, so worth a bit of coin.
If someone were trying to pull a fast one, why would they throw the Zenoah box away and put it in a plain one? Dealers that get alot of motors may well get them in a bulk pack. I don't know. Do the people making accusations? The Zenoah box is also much larger than needed. (It's made so the whole range of engines will fit in it) It makes sense to save on shipping, especially if free shipping is offered. Saving a couple of dollars doesn't seem like much until you ship a few hundred.
I have several motors here that came in bags put in with an order of parts from shops mentioned in this thread. All are perfect examples of mass produced engines. None have been perfect race ready engines. Raceable yes, but all have an issue or two, well within specs.

Ok lite me up!

Back