steering problums

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Lauer

Supporting Member
About 30+ years ago I built three coyote Daytona's 21s. the first one drove great, the others not so good. they did not want to turn. I didn't do much with them as I started collecting full scale outboard hydro's. for the last two years I have ben getting back into rc again. The hobby has advanced a lot more than me. Any idea what would make a boat not want to turn?

STD Coyote turn fins were horrible . Try a new Roadrunner fin from Ralph and sharpen it as he tells you .Also rudder design and size , throw have a lot to with turning .

The one that is best was made from a kit, the other two were made from patterns of the first. all the hardware I made from the prints at the same time,. They were set up the same The good one had the pipe dialed in better than the other two and was faster than the other two. that one has a fp148 servo, the other two have s9302 and s9301 The only thing I didn't check is the balance. Could it be the balance or the fact that the two are just to slow to preform?

Gary, get yourself a good modern servos and alot of your problem will go away.
FP-148 is a Futaba STD servo that will not work so good as a steering servo.
The S9301 and S9302 can work but still it will not compare with todays technology.

//Anders

Latest posts

Back