Starter switch part #?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Looking for a switch for a 24v Dynatron starter, NAPA used to carry a silver contact unit but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas? Do we need 50A rated or will 20A do?

Terry, I believe its the 20A rated. Most auto parts store carry them in the elec rack display

Last edited:
Something to consider Terry. Use Bosch or other 30A common automotive type relays to handle the motor switching. You can get prewired pigtails for them with a connector on the end. Use maybe 4 of them in a stage 1, stage 2 configuration with a large wire wound resistor in series for stage 1 to limit current. Run the inexpensive relays in parallel. A couple of toggle switches to control the relays. I use 12V wiring in a few hobby systems. The cigar humidor built into a Coleman beverage cooler with freon cooling for fans and temperature control. Also use 12V fans in entertainment system amp racks, along with fan speed controllers to manage air flow.

I use the Bosch automotive relays in my nitro start cart on the Dynatron's as I've had the handle switches weld themselves together. The handle switch controls the relays, so very low current on it.

^^^ That's a great option. Better than paralled 30A standard 12V automotive relays. I have switched Dynatron's with two 30A Bosch relays in parallel, but that's unloaded. With load, not sure if they would hold together or not or for how long.

Latest posts

Back