SS1/Prop question for Dick

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PropNut

Dick,

You've been playin with the SS1, question on Prop Selection. I have now run the SS1 (12 cells) in my old MRP Hydro (not enough room to get CG correct, but it rips anyway), my SC26 and an old Jetstream converted to surface drive (ala Ken Joyce). I have tried a 442 (motor comes back cold), a 642 (motor comes back hot) and a prather 220 (motor comes back warm, just right) in all three! The weight difference and wetted surface area between these hulls is huge, yet the motor doesn’t seem to care. I am confused. Any thoughts?

In preparation for the arrival of my new H&M Hydro for LSH.

Thanks,

Ray

There are many variables which will dictate the correct prop.

The more the motor can unload the cooler it will run. Something to remember. Even x series and Prather props have some lift. While I'm not sure I'd endores it to others, I've been running a Y547 on mine! BUT, my boat runs very light and loose for an LSH.

I haven't played with lifting props and the SS1 much yet since the Y547 seems to be doing the job.

Keep working with your boat, the more free you can get it to ride the bigger prop you'll be able to swing and the faster you will go. If you need any ideas let my know.

Hope this helps,

See ya,

Dick

Thanks,

No babys yet. The doctors are going to keep Beth on some drugs to keep them from coming for about another week in a half. We'll see!

See ya,

Dick

Latest posts

Back