Square Drive set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I'm no expert in this Troy, I would make 4 alligning pins..
Using my 2 cents I would think that a 30 ton press would clamp the two halves together so the cable would not be over the dimensions of the die. My square inserts are a little over (5.09 mm or so, so a perfect 5 mm square would fit. But happy to hear what the experts have to say in this...

So Roman you are using loctite to attach the the cable? I’ve done that with a wire but never cable. Interesting.
Thanks John
Put some dust from a metal grinder and mix it and attach whis compound in seconds.This kind a tricky precudure in case of Loctite not live long with particles in it. I use this method even on my 91 riggers as well. And I use solder with a wire configuration.

Put some dust from a metal grinder and mix it and attach whis compound in seconds.This kind a tricky precudure in case of Loctite not live long with particles in it. I use this method even on my 91 riggers as well. And I use solder with a wire configuration.
Do you remove the outer windings and then loctite the core in “what size holes”
Thanks John

I use flex with the square end on the engine side and a brass ferrule on the strut in all my boats, 21 offshore and hydro, 45 hydro, 91 offshore and 27cc offshore, in 20 years I have not broken a single flex , the shaft tube is mounted with a teflon tube and flex tube oiler, the ferule is machined from brass with the axis propeller silver brazed and the flex is welded with tin solder

Attachments

• photo transmission.jpg
    photo transmission.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20160213_150919.jpg
    IMG_20160213_150919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • Rico tiger king.jpg
    Rico tiger king.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG