Square Drive set up

Help Support intlwaters.com:

rhomodel

Though I'm no expert in this Troy, I would make 4 alligning pins..
Using my 2 cents I would think that a 30 ton press would clamp the two halves together so the cable would not be over the dimensions of the die. My square inserts are a little over (5.09 mm or so, so a perfect 5 mm square would fit. But happy to hear what the experts have to say in this...

Troy Hammons

Thanks again for the info guys. I will make a die this off season and see how it works.

John Beardslee

No. The round end is glued with Loctite 648 in to the stub shaft. Square end is work on square nut on engine.
So Roman you are using loctite to attach the the cable? I’ve done that with a wire but never cable. Interesting.
Thanks John

AgafonovRoman

So Roman you are using loctite to attach the the cable? I’ve done that with a wire but never cable. Interesting.
Thanks John
Put some dust from a metal grinder and mix it and attach whis compound in seconds.This kind a tricky precudure in case of Loctite not live long with particles in it. I use this method even on my 91 riggers as well. And I use solder with a wire configuration.

John Beardslee

Put some dust from a metal grinder and mix it and attach whis compound in seconds.This kind a tricky precudure in case of Loctite not live long with particles in it. I use this method even on my 91 riggers as well. And I use solder with a wire configuration.
Do you remove the outer windings and then loctite the core in “what size holes”
Thanks John

gilbert galli

I use flex with the square end on the engine side and a brass ferrule on the strut in all my boats, 21 offshore and hydro, 45 hydro, 91 offshore and 27cc offshore, in 20 years I have not broken a single flex , the shaft tube is mounted with a teflon tube and flex tube oiler, the ferule is machined from brass with the axis propeller silver brazed and the flex is welded with tin solder

Attachments

Latest posts