SPP 45 outboard Pipe?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally prefer the unmuffled and adding a real muffler. For sound/noise reasons.

They both (muffled and unmuffled) perform very well, but I am not a fan of the standard muffler noise, compared to a proper muffler fitted to the unmuffled version.

So go with the muffled version as the easiest way, but (IMO) you really need a muffler fitted to the unmuffled version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200101-094348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200101-094348_Gallery.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 177
Has anyone seen any performance difference between the muffled and non muffled SPP 45 outboard pipes?

Thanks

Zach,
We have tested both and are getting the best results from the muffled version. I sell more outboard pipes for SPP than any other distributor, and I can tell you the muffled version outsells the unmuffled version 10:1. I keep both in stock. Thanks.

Zach,
We have tested both and are getting the best results from the muffled version. I sell more outboard pipes for SPP than any other distributor, and I can tell you the muffled version outsells the unmuffled version 10:1. I keep both in stock. Thanks.

Hi Ron,

Are you saying that because more muffled are sold that they must be better?

Or that you (or someone) actually did back to back testing?

I find it interesting that with such limited "muffling" on those pipes that it would make much difference in actual performance. But great to know if it does!

Either way, it is a great pipe in either form.

Edited to add the quote

Cheers
Kris

Last edited:
Kris,
Yes, I tested both same day, same setup. Sometimes you cant understand why things work better or not, but results speak for themselves. Muffled pipe is what I have found runs the best on Nova 46, non-muffled on Nova 21 KEEP. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing Ron. Best I do the same tests for myself to get the best out of it all

Ron you carry no muffled spp 45 pipes? What about 67
Thanks
Shane,
I have both the 46 and 67 muffled SPP outboard pipes in stock, as well as the 46 and 21 non-muffled pipes.

Last edited:
There is no pipe made that works great across the board because people like to cut up engines and you cant expect a pipe to work the same on one engine with 180 exhaust timing and another with 200 degrees of timing.

Last edited:
I'll say the same for my 20 boat I recieved my SPP 20 pipe last week put it on my CMB and it made the difference ,a great pipe.
No more looking for the Mysterious Cooper Pipe. LOL
Greg

I'll say the same for my 20 boat I recieved my SPP 20 pipe last week put it on my CMB and it made the difference ,a great pipe.
No more looking for the Mysterious Cooper Pipe. LOL
Greg

Only those who don't have one will say that lol

But yeah, the 20 SPP make tons of power thats for sure. It will be on my 20 SAW boat when its ready to hit the water.

I’ve owned 3 or 4 cooper pipes over the years, never did work great for me personally. I’ve seen them scream, but.....

Back