Sport 40 question for the experts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDanielsSr

Supporting Member
Older Pinkert Sport 40 with adjustable front sponsons, clearing off the cobwebs to rehab and run, Thoughts? We have rebuilt three other Sport 40s in past weeks and I think I want to run this one. Thanks

As soon as I climb up and pull it down and wipe it off. Will post this weekend. It has the long sponson look of the whiplash hulls but sport 40 size. It will be fun unless there is an issue like my original Pinkert Sundance mono hull set up surface drive with a Picco 80, found out is was not IMPBA legal, strakes too big. It is deadly fast but unturnable with surface setup, maybe with a fin, Dad would never add a turn fin. LOL

I raced a Sundancer with 45 power back in the late 70's and early 80's, fast boat and I ran a turn fin, also sanded the strakes down to help it turn, wish I still had it. My Dad put an Picco 80 in a different Sundancer and won straightaway at the Orlando Internats somewhere in the mid 80's.

Older Pinkert Sport 40 with adjustable front sponsons, clearing off the cobwebs to rehab and run, Thoughts? We have rebuilt three other Sport 40s in past weeks and I think I want to run this one. Thanks
I ran one for years. Good luck keeping it on the water. When it was designed it had a rudder strut assembly set 3 inches behind transom. Illegal bye rules. I talked wit Don a few times. fastest sport Hull I ever had ! Good Luck ! Dave

Post some pics please.........a club member gave me one to paint back in 98' it was a strange looking hull. It looked like it was going 100 on bench.Way ahead of its time if i can remember correctly. PICS PLEASE!

Latest posts

Back