Sport 20 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

So what is the hot engine in the sport 20 hydro class
Nova 5 or 7 port, cmb beta or evo
Anyone tried the K&B , OPS .21 or AA.21

I'v always been a CMB guy Have a Rossi. 21 on a B mod tunnel hull.

The 1 Rossi .67 Top I had in my old Bud T-6 through a rod twice taking out the liner and piston But in back together with the latest updated rod, piston and liner and sold it off. I even had the crank balanced after the 1st blow-up and that didn't fix the rod issue. Rossi's are great engines but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Other guys swear by them. maybe I'm just cursed :D

Last edited:
I’ve ran a CMB Greenhead Valvola for about 4 years. Great motor. Going to upgrade the internals with the new Beta parts. I recently purchased a Nova 21DD. Looks fantastic on the inside. Haven’t ran it yet.

I’ve ran a CMB Greenhead Valvola for about 4 years. Great motor. Going to upgrade the internals with the new Beta parts. I recently purchased a Nova 21DD. Looks fantastic on the inside. Haven’t ran it yet.
Sam,
Remember if you put the N/R in the same boat that you have the CMB The N/R is a little over 2oz more weight , that may mess up your balance,it did on my 21 hydro
Walt Barney

Tom,

Both the CMB Beta Evo-21 and the Novarossi DD-21 are both Very Good Motors.
Some think the Beta Evo has a little more RPM, and others believe the DD-21 has
a little more torque for better propeller selection. In my opinion, and I own them
both it would depend on the weight of the boat. There may be some advantages
to having the DD-21 in a Sport 20 boat because of a little extra motor weight.
The set up and CG are very important, and the Sport 20’s tend to get a little light
in the front end and want to fly, so a little extra motor weight may help towards
the end of the fuel run. I still think the MAC-21 is a great motor with the angled
backdoor on the engine.

Have fun testing!!!

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back