Sport 20/40 guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.
I prefer the rudder on the left because I feel it helps the hull run straight countering the drag of the turn fin. I also like mentioned above, like the servo to pull rather then push to go right.

Again thanks for the replies.
Chris

Might be horse **** but mine are on the left to push the right sponson down in the corner. Sport boats need to set the right sponson to get there heavy bodies around the corner quicker

No such thing, Mike. There are so many different theories on how to set up the boats that it's unreal. That said, since no two boats are the same, it's not only possible but very probable that what works on one boat may not work on another

Thanks guys.
I prefer the rudder on the left because I feel it helps the hull run straight countering the drag of the turn fin. I also like mentioned above, like the servo to pull rather then push to go right.

Again thanks for the replies.
Chris
I started to put the rudder on the left for the exact same reasons.

Attempting to add link to previous posted information. This as stated is from a very experienced and good friend, Glen Cupit, who is now deceased. Glen was one of my first friends in the boating world and brought insight from his work on full sized racing. APBA may still have the GlenCupit rule on the books from him working fins on the boat from the bank with a Futaba radio way back in the day. If manual entry does not work on this chromebook, I will cut and paste when back in the workshop.
https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/interesting-observations-on-rudders-and-fins.57333/

Back