SpeedWeek 2022

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to Doug. I believe that is the Fastest 2 lap Mono 1/3rd in the books, Gas Nitro or FE.
Mic

Last edited:
Good morning from Blue Lake on day 9 of SpeedWeek! It is about 15 minutes before sunrise and we are getting ready to set the lights for the last time in 2022!

Attachments

• 61515443-8727-45D3-93B8-BFA5EEC76C65.jpeg
    61515443-8727-45D3-93B8-BFA5EEC76C65.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
A big congrats to all the record breakers and especially to Glenn, John and Donna for putting on this event. I always enjoy coming down to see friends and running at this great location. It was great to finally meet John Finch and Steve Sutton and even a special appearance by Chris Harris whom I also met for the first time. I cannot think of any other location, even Legg Lake where we get so many hours of good water to run. See you guys next year.

-Tyler

Thank you to glen and Donna, Jason and John Beardslee for taking the time and all the effort to offer this week.
Great to see everyone and some I haven’t seen in a longtime.
Congrats on the new records. Some are truly amazing.
Thanks to everyone that helped me out. Learned more and several new attempts.

Friends, thank you for all the kind words! It is truly an honor hosting this event with such an awesome group of folks showing up! Y’all are a first class bunch of people!

I am summiting 8 record applications, in no particular order:

SpeedWeek 2022 records

1/3 mile 2
Chris grim B hydro 15.197

Doug smock T mono 20.176

Halbrehder/Almirola/Truex S hydro 16.700

Tyler Garrard S cat 23.742

Tyler Garrard T hydro 16.515

Finch/Sutton gas scale 23.455

Martin Truex D hydro 15.284

1/16 mile SAW

Finch/Sutton gas skiff 55.187 mph

I think this was the best SpeedWeek yet, and am already looking forward to next year…after I rest up a bit!!

GQ

Late to the party here as I just got all the blood out of my eyes..LOL What a week that was!
I can't say enough about Glenn, Jason, and John. These guys were on point and hosted another first-class event! Thanks again gentlemen!
I also need thank "The Professor" John Finch, "Hackmaster" Steve Sutton, and Mark Grim. It's easy to improve on your skill set when you get to hang out with and lean on the experience (and prop box) of guys of that caliber. Thanks again fellas!
It was good to be back to Blue Lake and a Record Trial, I was gone too long.
Congratulations to all the record setters! Well done sirs!
To the guys (like me) that fell short of their goals, keep after it, you'll get it done. I'll be back after it with the SAW boat as soon as the black eye heals. lol ;) We can't take no for an answer, there is no fun in that!

See you all back at the pond!

Smock "King of the one way passes"🙃

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Glenn, Jason and John and thank them for putting on such a world class event. I don't think these guys get enough credit for all that it takes to drive across country, set up the race site/timing equipment and then camp out, not for a weekend, but 9 days of nothing but RC boating. I'm sure everyone has experienced how long one race weekend can be let alone a full week of it. We'll 100% will be back next year and the year after as long as you guys have it. Thank you guys for all that you do.

Latest posts

Back