SOWEGA outboard race!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Rowe

Supporting Member
The Sowega race is over ,but what a great job the club put up.
6 rounds of tunnel boat racing
Great pond, weather, people.
I just want to say thanks to Kim and Julie for the Hospitality, and all they do for Rc boat racing.
To the winners I congratulate each of you as you race what I think was the best in the country.
To all other clubs, Tunnel boats are alive with almost 20 boats in each class and 8 gas tunnels.
Sowega Model Boat Club you are the benchmark for Excellant Boat Racing.
Thanks Greg Rowe

I didn't want to get long winded, but so many people to thank , so
Thanks to the Duncan Family
Ron Shaw for the double up on the engine raffle, all the people that donated prizes.
Kevin Lee for loaning me batteries after leaving all mine at home.
Julie you did a great job as the CD calling the races.
Greg

Race results? What hull and engine combinations along with racers setup and driving skills were dominant in the Nitro classes?

Would there be any video of this race...it would be nice to see the area and some of the hot tunnel action.....

Check out the SOWEGA model boaters Facebook page for some night racing action!
20 classes were dominated by Lynx and Dragons. Dragon snagged Sport B 1st place and the Lynx took Mod B 1st place.
40 was won with an HTB 360/ Novarossi .46.
60 class ran Proglass tunnels and one Dragon from Shane Adderley, an absolute rocket ship of a boat and handled beautifully!

Night racing was won by
Mod B- Lynx/ MAC .21 Mitch Atwell Jr
Sport B- Lynx/ O.S. .21 Shane Adderley
D Tunnel- Proglass/ Nova .46 Gabe Clegg
Open Tunnel- Proglass/ Nova .67 Ryan Pacheco
P- Limited- Lynx Shane Adderley

If something is on Facebook or television, I won’t see it. Don’t have either.
Brandon, how did team Atwell do at the race?

Mitch Jr. won the B mod night race, top 10 in D tunnel and Open. He had D unknowingly locked up and decided to race hard for a heat and dunked his Shaman, dropped him from 1st to 7th.
Mitch Sr. took 3rd in Gas Tunnel after fighting motor issues the entire weekend.
I snagged 3rd in Sport B and Mod B with my stock Lynx, my mod .21 had some fuel delivery issues so I put her in the trailer. My 40 Tunnel was still riding with the record attempt setup instead of the heat racing setup. Little too loose for race water.

60801903_2327775700620329_1948125353612410880_n.jpg

Above...JUDGE JULIE. She calls the start and if your over, your called over. No home town favorites at this site.

Thanks to the Gilly's who take their time, effort, money, land and patience to provide us with the site to have these tunnel races. Their site has camper hookups next to the water, night racing lights, catered food Saturday night that tastes like Mom cooked it, easy access to the launch area, zero tolerance for attitudes, great raffle prizes, 6 rounds of racing, Super Sport class that are really fast, a diverse field of models to compete against, great eagle eye start-line calls, JJ snapping great action shots with her camera and getting racing videos.

Heck we raised about $1,400 for future site upgrades and club expenses because of GREAT SPONCERS donating really nice prizes, If it were not for them this event would not exist. What a great site to go to. Like Greg said at the race people were actually have fun there. I had a blast and we got to see some GREAT races too.

THANKS Kym & Julie!

-Carl

Last edited:
and that is why if I am going to make the effort, then no one in the USA has an excuse NOT to be there ;):D

Plus this is 12 month warning to make sure you all have your boats ready hehe

Had a ton of fun thanks to Kym and Julie for a great race and to all that help team Bermuda thanks , want to give a big thanks to Kevin for everything he does ,so we can race thanks ,Jamie thank you for all your help to.

Back