Southern Outboard Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

Message straight from the Queen herself:

We are 10 days away from accepting entries to the 2019 Southern Outboard Championships held at SOWEGA Model Boaters site in Sycamore. 

Remember, entries are PayPal only, this also includes the night race. If you intend to race at night, you must sign up under the Southern Outboard Championships  Night race.   

Entries will be accepted on 03/ 17/2019. 250 boat limit. 

Good Luck

This will be a race not to be missed! Come and experience true southern hospitality at its very best. No drama, just straight up racing on the nicest pond/facility on the East coast. Full time camping hookups available (limited spots, water and electric only), stadium lights at the pond for night racing, some of the fastest tunnels and best drivers on the planet will be here. 

Bring those outboard tunnels out, lets make it a great race!! 

Thats how it was last year, and as far as I know, its gonna be the same this year. 

Glad to hear yall are coming up! Looking forward to it sir. To be honest, last year anyway, the tri-oval pin in the back stretch wasnt a very sharp corner. Basically, if you swing a little wide coming off of buoy 3, you were good to the tri-oval buoy. It was a good course. Not an extreme triangle by any means. More of a butterbean shape. 

Racing under the lights is also very cool! 

Here's a remarkably crude drawing of how it was last year. To give you an idea. 

Sowega TRi Oval.png

Jeff,

The thing that you have to remember when running this track is that you can mill just the 6 standard oval buoys (not going around the tri-oval) if you choose to OR you can mill all 7 buoys during mill time BUT once the clock hits ZERO you have to go around the tri-oval buoy every lap until you complete all your laps. To keep it simple I just make all seven no matter what and then you don't have to think about it.

Thank Carl! I plan on burning a lot of fuel soon . I got to get use to a tunnel again! I might as well go ahead and buy another Nova.

HeHe...I will most likely be running one of my Taboo's in the 3.5cc class anyway. There are a few people that need to see what it has to offer as there are many ways to skin a cat. :D

Back