Something really cool on google earth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, if you look at Blue Lake on google earth you will see some boats running! This pic had to happen at our last SpeedWeek… Martin’s Suburban is parked right behind my motorhome and John Beardslee’ red truck is parked in its normal spot just in front. The water must have been too rough for records, I can’t think of any other reason two boats would be running at the same time??? Or maybe it’s just a time lapse thing so the same boat would show up in two different locations???

To find Blue Lake just go to Valdosta on google earth and then start looking south on I75 until you get to Old Clyattville Rd. It is on the SW corner of the intersection.

So fun!

See y’all there in a few weeks!
GQ

Very good…I didn’t know how to find that! Yep that was the last SpeedWeek. I just thought it was really funny they took that pic while we were there and actually running boats! What’s the chance??

Thanks!
GQ

Yes I don’t get the same pic. Also when I looked up Melbournes lake it had rc boats running and a race happening.

Is SpeedWeek SAW? Is that why no buoys are out?

This is random and not boat related, but when we moved from Kansas City to Tacoma we got those moving pods to pack our stuff in. For a while the Google Street View in front of both houses, 2,500 miles apart, had the same moving pods in front of them. Both have been updated since then though.

Is SpeedWeek SAW? Is that why no buoys are out?

This is random and not boat related, but when we moved from Kansas City to Tacoma we got those moving pods to pack our stuff in. For a while the Google Street View in front of both houses, 2,500 miles apart, had the same moving pods in front of them. Both have been updated since then though.
If you zoom in you can see the sub-bouys . Glenn’s motor home and my red truck as pretty much center/starting line.
John

Back