Something New that i am working on.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, something went wrong with the sponson build. Somewhere from the drawing to the finish product on the setup table, I was almost 5/16 too high on the sponson to get all the numbers right. Dont ask, because I dont know what happen. It was all me thou. So the fix was a wedge at the back to the pad up to recovery pad. It is tripping on that.
Mike

Bring the boats down to Eugene next weekend. Jon Constant has a single engine rigger to run against.

Lohring Miller

I will be racing with ERCU that weekend Lohring. BTW your G1 Mono is getting a complete overhaul. She is going to be like new when Im done with it. Patching holes and everything. Shinny brand new.
Mike

Last edited:
Cool! The U of Oregon colors aren't popular in Washington? Call me if you want to remove the geezer wheel. It needs a special puller and technique. The long shaft is for an engine without a geezer wheel. The props are for a mod engine. Check with Mark for a selection of larger props in the gas scale boat.

Lohring Miller

Geezer is gone. If you back the bolt out some and then add about six #6 washer in under the insert, then tighten it back down it will pop off. Yeah I talked with Mark and Eric already. The boat will be set up so I can do a motor swap to go from G1 to G LTD with 4 bolts and a ball link disconnect.

That's another good way to do it. I have several designs of geezer wheels so I had to think a minute to remember how that one worked. Good luck with all the props.

Lohring Miller

Hi Mike,

just wanted to ask a question regarding the exhaust headers, are they 100deg headers to angle the pipes back over the tub or the 105deg ones,

I have been inspired buy your build and TJ's, to possibly have a go at building a twin gas rigger as its completely new territory for me, its always nice to try something new

thanks

Shane

Hi Mark,
Thanks, I will, just sorting out some bits and pieces now so I can get started, looking forward to the build

Work out your motor situation first. Then build around them. Mark and I dont run pull starters. We flywheel pully start. They would not fit if they had pull starters because of the 8.375 tub width. Carb hit the starter. We also run custom mounts to get that tight. It is easier to go with a standard mount but your tub gets wide. A seaducer mount also could be modified to go less than 5 inch pretty easily. Then floor mount.
Mike

Keep us posted with adding to this thread and dont hesitate to ask anything.

thanks Mike, I will do,

I'm planning to go with a 4.5"' width mount for each engine, and take off the pull starters and run the starter pulley,
its very early days, and yes I plan to build the tub around the engine set up, I'll ask plenty of questions as its all new but looking forward to the build

Mike's Hard work paid off last week with a perfect day and a NAMBA national championship! 9 months from Idea to winning it's first race! I had a couple of issues and finished out of the trophies, but set the heat race record in the second round.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_104113418.jpg
    IMG_20210925_104113418.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 88
Congratulations Mike,
Your determination payed off big time! And thanks again for the use of your props. They got me a podium finish!

Congratulations to all of you guys!!

Mike / Mark -- that's awesome your twins made such a statement at the Nats!! I followed along with the builds and they sure looked like they were going to be winners !!

Great job guys !!

Here is a link to the last round with all the fast guys. (1) Facebook

After the third round. I had 1200, Russ had 1100. I had beat him in an earlier heat. Don and Mark did not have enough points to catch us but were racing each other for the 3rd spot on the podium. Coming to the start Don and Mark were racing each other and drew themselves across before the buzzer. I was holding back because I did not want to mix it up with them since I was only racing Russ for the top spot. If Russ won, he would take the day. We would tie but he had a faster time than me. If he got second, then all I needed was a third to beat him. As it turned out, my start was almost perfect and Russ blew the start. He was coming out the right turn at the buzzer. After Russ ran into the back of Marks roostertail and died, I was on cruise control. End of story.

20210925_104759.jpg20210925_104716.jpg

Latest posts

Back