Something New that i am working on.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we are. Shot the final color on the tub and cowl yesterday. Sponson color was done done earlier this week. Can start to put her back together Sunday afternoon. I like to give it 2 days to cure. Should be ready to test at next dist race. Need to draw up a turn fin and cut it out. Good times.
Mike

Need to build and mount the turn fin. Had to wait a little bit on my additional mufflers. The lathe is having some gear issues. They are binding for some reason. Need to fix that to finish them. These pipes are internal singers. So let's hope they are not too loud. Need to set throttles. Test fire on Friday. Do that then. Want max cure time on paint. Maiden this BAD B1TCH on saturday.20210526_182158.jpg20210526_182231.jpg20210526_182259.jpg20210526_182306.jpg

Looks good Smiley, are you sure about that connector on the rudder? Looks a little light weight, just saying. :rolleyes:

Yeah I dont like it either. I wish the speedmaster tiller was offset up or down. Would make using something else easier. I have another option, but need to fix my mill/lathe to complete it. It will good for now.
Mike

Hi Mike , love the build. From what I see in your pics is that u have your water cooling lines routed incorrectly. Normal routing would be enter low on the water jacket & exit high, then enter low on the exhaust flange then exit high. This would eliminate the chance of trapping air bubbles. Good luck with your maiden run.

Hi Mike , love the build. From what I see in your pics is that u have your water cooling lines routed incorrectly. Normal routing would be enter low on the water jacket & exit high, then enter low on the exhaust flange then exit high. This would eliminate the chance of trapping air bubbles. Good luck with your maiden run.

Never thought of that. I can flip the head around easily and fix that issue. I started thinking of hitting the exh flange first. More convenient on the routing. Then switched it to what you see.

Mike, u should leave the water jackets mounted like they are. U want the cooling water to enter the jackets at the lowest position so not to trap air bubbles. As far as witch to cool first, it really depends on where u live temp wise. If u live in a warm climate like Florida, most definitely cool the cylinders first. If u live in the north or a much cooler climate ( water temp wise) u can cool the exhaust flanges first to help get some cylinder head temp & help preserve the exhaust flange orings.

Need to build and mount the turn fin. Had to wait a little bit on my additional mufflers. The lathe is having some gear issues. They are binding for some reason. Need to fix that to finish them. These pipes are internal singers. So let's hope they are not too loud. Need to set throttles. Test fire on Friday. Do that then. Want max cure time on paint. Maiden this BAD B1TCH on saturday.View attachment 291314View attachment 291315View attachment 291316View attachment 291317

Very nice Mike.

Don
Mike blew his off first run, then had trouble with one of the engines. Mine was improved over it's first outing, then I tagged bouy and broke a boom. Went up on the props and it responded really well. Both boats are looking really good for this point in the development. Mike and I took different aproches to sponson design, but both seem to be working.

I cant find anything wrong with that left motor. Its weird. It wont rev up on the bench to full throttle. As soon as load is place on prop it dies. I tore it down and got it back together. I will mount it up tomorrow and see if she is still having issues. No blockage in carb or fuel lines. We shall see. Done for today.
Mike

Back