Something New that i am working on.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210404_171305.jpg

Rolling chassy........Time to clean off the jig table and get this bad boy glued and trued.

Well I did some Math. Got out the scale and started to add it all up. Weigh everything I had for it and put some est values for other things as well. It calcs out to 16.5 lbs right now. Looks like I am going to be able to hit my mark of 18lb for sure.

Mike,
If you can get a gas twin to come in at 18lb. that’ll be awesome! I was trying for under 20lb. Came in at a little over 21lbs. without fuel!

Not yet Don. The list is getting smaller thou. I need to get the cowl mold from Mark to do final trimming on tub. It is ready for paint. I will see if I have any pics to post. I think Mark is ready for the next race with his. I saw a pic of his mufflers and pipes mounted

20210416_091550.jpg20210416_091604.jpg20210416_091629.jpg

Just a couple of custom parts. Aluminum boom bolt inserts and custom mufflers. Still to finish the second one. 1 more part to go.

Had a slight delay in my build. The week after I got the mold, I had it fitted and ready to cut holes for motors. After I cut the first one, I mounted the motor and drop on cowl. It hit.......oh I was pissed. All that fitting was wasted. My motors sit higher. So I had to build my own cowl. I took and sectioned the one I had and raised it up. Just laid up the mold yesterday and the new part is sitting in it right now. Pull it tomorrow. Here is a pic of what it looked like before I realized it was too short.20210425_101251.jpg

Sectioned and filled in the gaps.

20210426_190337.jpg

I could imagine how pissed you were....i dont know if people realize how much work composite parts are....I know I do...looking good so far

Back