Something New that i am working on.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy full load of motors Batman! How wide does your tub need to be to hold those chubby buddies? Out of curiosity what does a single gas motor weigh vs say any 91 nitro motor?
Should be pretty nifty when you have it all together.

That looks really nice Mike. Will I see it run at the NAMBA Nats this September?

Yes Alan. I hope to have it done in a couple of weeks. I have machined a bunch of parts today. Strutter is built and jsut need second strut to finish backend. Still need to build up the sponsons. Next weekend project. Hope to have stuffing tubes in next week some time. She is coming along.

Greg, tub is 8.25. Motor as you see it weights in at 3lb 105/8oz. I took a 91 nova in the box and dropped it on the scale at 2 lb 6 oz. So she is going to be 1.5lbs heavier than a twin 91 nitro jsut in motors.

It would be awesome if she comes in around 18.5 lbs.
Mike

Yes sir Don. I went by his place and borrowed the mold. It should be a winner. The tub is very familiar to the ones I build. I will draw up my own sponsons.
Mike

Last edited:
Mike, this is so cool to have a couple more custom gas twins that will be ready for the nats at Legg Lake!
The twin gas class is going to be a hoot !!

Mark, which engine did you use in that? That's a very good looking boat, would love to see video of it on the water

Looking good Mark, let me know what it weighs when you have it all together, mine came in at 23# with fuel !
No really a light weight !

20210404_135442.jpg

Just finished a new set of shoes for it. Now need some lathe time for some other parts. I am getting close. Should have a rolling chassy today.

Mike

Latest posts

Back