Some things I am working on...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

For those who are not on Facebook, here are some shots of the first pre-production (not mass production though) 31" Dragon (this is the FE version). This hull will be leaving my shop tomorrow and heading overseas for some extensive testing in good hands. A nitro version has been handed over to a tester for finifhing off and some final R+D in the next couple of weeks some more will leave soon. When I get some feedback from a few different people I will be happy to make a few to add to the winners circle!

I will be using an extended Vision Cowl with Shawns permission

Then there is the 33" mod boat I am in testing mode for. Final version will have shorter picklefork (longer center)

This is the first of the current era of the 31" Dragon above, some slight mods for the newer versions, but very much the same.

These boats are build the same way I first learnt from Mike Z, on a 'table off' fixture

It's all in the cowl mate
default_wink.png

Very cool, Kris! I like them on all counts.

5lbs 10oz? If that's RTR, that's a great weight. I think my Lynx RTR is right about there. No issues settling it down.

Can't wait to see more! I'd really like to see FE OPC grow in NAMBA. A true Driver and Tuner class!

I don't know beans bout the FE stuff,

But tha nitro boat looks bad ass Buddy !

Well Done,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

and YEP, thats RTR weight, it will ge a touch heavier when I get around to adding one of the engine covers from Marc...they look great on these spec boats, especially when you drop then down low to match to cowl!

Hey Kris... What do you think? Should I trim this down to a minimal height and try it??
default_smile.png

I can trim off the lower portion of the nose as well and lower the entire cowling down nice and low, I believe, then add the lower piece back on.

20140305_190035.jpg

20140305_190049.jpg

Hey Darin, that would look pretty good with that cowl lowered! Especially untill I get the proper ones sorted out!

Going to be a fun 6months
default_wink.png

Hey Darin, that would look pretty good with that cowl lowered! Especially untill I get the proper ones sorted out!

Going to be a fun 6months
default_wink.png
I'm planning on trimming it down to where it JUST clears the radio box. Should be interesting.

It's a tad on the wide side, but we'll see how it looks cut down.

I dropped my TS3 cowl nose down a bunch,

Go for it Man,

Gene
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back