• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Record setting Lynx hull For Sale - Revised descripton

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to sell my backup Lynx hull in time for someone to build a first class 20 OB Tunnel Hull and be the man at the Fall CMB race! This is a genuine NOS unbuilt, unpainted Lynx. I am selling it at $500 firm. Send me your regular e-mail address and I will send you loads of pictures of the hull. This hull is real nice. The hull was going to be a SAW record holder's (Eric Beaty of Beaty's Marine in TN) back-up boat but he never finished it. He drilled the transom and mounted an OS lower unit on it, mounted a BV 3rd ch mix valve and installed a fuel tank. I took everything off except the mix valve when I took the pictures. BV mix valves sell for $45. If you want the valve that is extra. The radio box is new never outfitted, was siliconed to the hull at one time but is not now. Cowling is un-drilled and perfect. Cowling mounting screw holes are perfectly tapped 4-40 into the hull and professionally done by EB. Transom is perfect with holes professionally drilled for an OS lower unit mount. Ride surface of sponsons have been blueprinted. There are a small line of cracks on the left sponson top, 1/4 inch from the edge of the hull. I suppose they are from age as this hull has never seen water, never been built. If I were to keep it I would never worry about them. If you are going to paint the hull I would grind the areas, fill and seal before painting otherwise they will show through most likely. Like I said, send me your e-mail address for the pics. Selling price is firm. Please reply to my personal e-mail address listed here. Thanks for looking, James Beasley "[email protected]"

New data:

Guys, Allen Waddle sent me the below information about this hull. He was Eric Betty's teammate during their record setting runs. Quote:

"James, This is Eric Betty's buddy that helped him build these boats and set the records. Anyway I do not know if this helps you or not but I thought I would at least give you the information. The boat that you have for sale is the orginal boat that Eric and I built. This boat actually held the first 3 records that Eric set. Carl then built him another light weight boat that set the last record. We used the same cowl and radio box from the orginal boat in the second boat (that is why the silicone is in the boat itself) to set the final record. But this boat is actually a record boat. If you wish for this information to become public fine and if not I understand that as well but the boat your selling is a very good boat and has been over 58 mph. Sincerely, Allen Waddle" end quote.

So, this record setting hull has been in the water (so clean I never would have known it) and it is true and fast having run 58 mph. Respectufully, James Beasley

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back