So, what's in your lake?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Brandon Club has several critters in the lake, but my favorite is the Otter -
I named him "lil John Otter " 😆

Brandon pond has about 6 ft of silt on the bottom according to the diver that found my 15 hp Yamaha that came off the retrieve boat !
According to the diver that went down and got my twin off bottom at the Brandon pond there was hardly any. He touched bottom about 10 times. But I’m sure there is a pocket or two that’s deeper that would be silted up. My twin was standing up and the props were sitting on bottom and nothing was on the boat when he brought it up.

Had an FE Cat sink at our Can-Am a few years ago, the park insisted it be retrieved or we would not be invited back.

I got three lengths of 10' water pipe (it was 18' deep) and a 50' of rope knotted every 5'. When the diver's bubbles made a complete circle I banged on the boat and he moved out a knot.

We tried for a couple hours one day with no success then someone in the club mentioned they found a boat in Legg Lake with a fish finder. Picked one up the next day and sure enough we found it, was just outside our initial "search area".

full

Bill,

I may have another JG-E-20 in my rare prop collection.
Let me look around.

Mark Sholund

while retreving my 90 mono that stuffed 12'' into the mud( yes it had flotation) i noticed a stick in the middle of the back straight, as we approached it we found that it was a very large snapping turtle, i guess its shell was about 24'' in diameter! lets just say i was not going swimming for that mono, i was able to use an oar to push it side to side to get it loose. scary turtle!!!!!!

According to the diver that went down and got my twin off bottom at the Brandon pond there was hardly any. He touched bottom about 10 times. But I’m sure there is a pocket or two that’s deeper that would be silted up. My twin was standing up and the props were sitting on bottom and nothing was on the boat when he brought it up.
Yes , our things were in different areas , no telling what was going on down there but he said it was so bad after 45 minutes he was ready to give up and his fiberglass pole hit something solid and it was my engine .

Back